Sinister: Does music move the mind or does music move the body? (I dunno)

snowy . snowy_theband at xxx.com
Wed Mar 13 11:07:10 GMT 2002

*Hopes this doesn't contribute to the exodus*  ;-)

I was thinking the other day about music and dancing.  Most people I know
really like dancing, but I don't.  People tend to assume this is shyness
(which it may be) or just fear (which it isn't).  I occasionally get the
urge to jump up and move around to a song, usually with a few drinks inside
me or when something particularly nice has happened.  But most of the time
music fires my imagination.  I've always been the same.  When I was a boy I
used to listen to songs and have very vivid daydreams, usually about being a
hero and rescuing someone, or just doing something amazing and memorable.  I
still live a sort of Billy Liar existence.  My daydreams have changed now,
probably broadened a bit.  But I'm still essentially the same.  Really great
music just makes me disappear into my own little world inside my head.

Am I odd?  Or are there others like me?

snowy   xxx