Sinister: On wearing beige mittens.

Dairy Fairy dairy_fairy at xxx.com
Thu Mar 14 21:22:36 GMT 2002

Hello,
I haven't written for a while. Not because I haven't been bothered, or nervous or anything. I just haven't felt like I've had many sentences in me.

Yesterday though, i got my Belle and Sebatian ticket through the post. It made me feel in one of those moods where you have to listen to everything of one band. I did it with Simon and garfunkel a week or so ago. Anyway, I started listening to them when i walked home from college. I usually go all lazy and get a taxi, and i would say i felt inspired by the way the air was worth tasting again and the hill was glowing. But really, i just had no money in my wallet.

It takes me an hour to walk home, and part of it is across fields, so you can paint your own picture of the wooden hut I live in on a bleak Yorkshire hill. It would be false, but a dramatic pictue anyway. And I was walking this walk, feeling like Maria Von Trapp, and surprisingly wanting to spin aroung in circles overlooking the valley. Tigermilk was helping, and I was listening to We Rule the School and almost convincing myself that i was the type of person who could rule a school were it not for the rest of the people in it. I'm using the past continuous here, so you can tell I'm building up to something. Anyway, I climbed over a stile and wooooooops. There was four elderly ladies squatting behind the wall answering their individual calls of nature. I was fairly mortified, and had to clamber back to the other side of the wall whilst they made themselves respectable. However, I am also very infantile, and was secretly amused. In fact, i felt very much as if I was in a film ca!
lled Carry on in the Country, or suchlike. Only that would probably be beastial porn, and not half as quaint as grannies peeing.

That isn't all i'm writing for. As I said i got my manchester ticket, and it is standing so i can try and imitate struan's twee dancing. I don't know Manchester very well, although I have applied for uni there, so I can make myself think it is an educational trip. I may even bring a pad of paper and pen and make notes on the pros and cons of the cities. I may not though since I would look odd making a tally of number of boys wearing cardigans, cafes that look like they wouldn't mind you spending an aternoon in them and pubs that don't look at me oddly when i ask for a vodka and ginger beer. mm. famous five but a bit naughty.

cheerio,
Grace
---
And she spent the rest of the day separating the bits from the marmalade, or, if you prefer, the marmalade from the bits.

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com