Sinister: "I, so many times, the wind blows through my eyes."

ola szkudlapska ola1212 at xxx.pl
Mon Mar 18 07:25:45 GMT 2002

..ooh the wind was quite strong yesterday. in his usual playful mood, too -
either pushing me from behind, making me walk with twice my usual speed,
or messing up my hair. i don't really like having my hair messed up, but ah
well, let the child play; so many people hid from him indoors, he was bound
to get bored.  the title quote is by a lovely band called Misty Dixon by the
way :)

dear Sinister,

this post will mainly be about walking. walking and Waking Up (*hint*hint*
only two more words and.. ;)

it was at the end of february i think. i left my winter hibernation behind
and started to view things differently(!) the sun has had something to do
with it, i'm sure - it has the power to make all things seem worthwhile
somehow. i'm being silly perhaps. however, all my low low moods seem to
accumulate in the autumn and disappear in spring. not completely, but they
seem quite overwhelmed by the unusual brightness and hide deep in my mind.
they go to sleep perhaps. /smile/

one moment lingers in my mind. going up the escalator, leaving the dark tube
station, hello sunshine! it was warm and lovely, i had 'sleep the clock
around' on my walkman, and somehow it was the most appropriate song. i felt
i could 'make things happen', as miss zoziepop so nicely put in one of her
mails. yay!

"there's a lot to be done while your head is still young, lalala"

       "why aren't you learning at all then?? you'll fail all your exams
                                           &THEN you'll have a lot to do!"

"oh, but some things (like irc ;) are just so much more funnn.."

did i mention that everywhere is full of tulips all of a sudden? it's
practically impossible to go out and *not* encounter at least one vendor
selling the gorgeous flowers. mmm how lovely :)

one late afternoon i was coming back home, passing the horror office block
in which my father spends numerous hours working for his stupid boss (who
looks like a ball with limbs. gah.)   normally the building is navy-blue,
sometimes even black, and looking very sombre - but that day it was silvery
grey. for a moment it stopped being an unfriendly eyesore, mainly because
one could hardly tell it apart from the sky, but still..

i saw 'vanilla sky' on saturday. the film is quite pish, (or maybe it's the
fact that i, hmm, let's say 'strongly dislike' tom cruise), but mmm the
soundtrack.

*says 'mmm' again

music obsessives shouldn't go to see movies together, that's the conclusion
i arrived at. what happens is that at the end of the film you don't ask the
other person if he/she liked it, you go 'hey, was that last song by sigur
rós??', and your eyes twinkle with excitement.

i was quite sure, but wanted to be HYPERsure, so i made my mate stay to the
very end, the actors' names gliding through the screen, crew members,
sponsors, i could hardly sit still! but there it was at last, 'njosnavelin'
(or 'the nothing song', but 'njosnavelin' just looks so much better ;-)

a sigur rós song i had heard just once before wrapped me tightly in that
wonderful state i sometimes get when coming back from a good gig. everything
seems somewhat irrelevant then; i'm walking home, passing buildings and
people, but they can't enter my tiny piece of (un)reality, there's just
space for me and the echo of music (oh, and sometimes a stupid grin that
gets stuck to my face and won't come off that easily. mm, really stupid.)

music can get one drunk better than a good drink, sometimes.

oh, and tom cruise saying 'Looper' is quite hilarious too.  /laughs/

this got too long,
and i have to go!

take care everyone (+viva rachels!),

olalala

ps. apologies to everyone whom i haven't e-mailed (despite saying i would,
tut tut). i'm sorry for being awful.
psps. special hugs to 2 happy people in the netherlands and secret hugs to a
certain person, for whom morning starts way past noon. /smile/

--

Określ Swoje potrzeby - my znajdziemy ofertę za Ciebie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]