Sinister: I know you will forgive me for my honesty

sgazzetti s_gazzetti at xxx.ar
Tue Mar 19 21:23:25 GMT 2002

If only because that’s playing just now, rather than
it's being apt, or not, for what follows.

Hello all (or maybe only some
)
To borrow a term from Renaissance bronze sculptors,
this is what we might call the ‘Lost Wax’ approach to
to writing a content-based post; that is, there is no
content, but I *am* going to actually mention the
band, since I am beginning this post about mid-way
through a chronologicathon with all their discs,
including The Black Sessions and Bowlie Weekender
tapes and everything I’ve got. Apart, sadly, from the
latest, since I can’t locate “I’m Waking Up To Us” in
the former Yugoslavia nor convince any reputable
concern (other than a friend, made through this list,
who knows who she is, and that I love her) to ship it
to me here. *Sigh*. I will just have to wait two weeks
to buy it in Edinburgh, and see for myself.

That’s it for the content, folks. Delete now, if you
don’t want to read more support for the (apparently)
ad nauseum-type diary entry-type posts, so
vociferously under attack in recent weeks. On that
by-now overtired thread, David Hewitt recently wrote,
>>>I've
>>>probably got more to apologise for than most, so
I'll do so now. Sorry.>>>
Shame on you, Mr. Hewitt! You’ve always written from
the heart, and that’s what I come here for. Remember:
Sinister Means Never Having to Say ‘I’m Sorry’! Much
more to my liking was this offering from Lindsey
Baker:
>>>***i am not, nor will i ever, apologize for the
post that is to follow. and
on that same note, i heretofore take back any
apologies i may have made for
any posts i have written, am writing, or will write. i
love each and every
one of my posts, even if you lot don't. so deal with
it. thank you.***>>>
(asterisks hers, little wedgie-thingies mine)
That’s it! The gauntlet has been THROWN DOWN or
something. I know, as do so many better posters before
me, that we don’t talk about The List on The List. But
I want to go on record as stating that the reason I
come here is to learn about other people like me;
because even if other B&S fans are not ‘like me’ in
terms of sex, race, nationality, job, haircut,
shoe-size, savior-faire,  I know that they ARE enough
like me that I will want to read about details of
their day. Because people who love B&S also love
words, and they value the power and beauty that words
can carry when wielded properly, as we all see every
day (I hope) in the music that unites us, that brought
us here in the first place. So, while I understand
that some might find the ‘diary entry’ sort of post
boring, I and obviously many others feel it’s anything
but. I come here to feel the *amae*, to see that other
like-minded people have similar trivial concerns,
fixations, maunderings, worries, and can write about
them with passion and feeling and humor and joy (and
sometimes despair--as Billy Bragg said, you’ve got to
take the crunchy with the smooth) and artfulness. To
those who don’t value this, I say, delete me, delete
all of us.

They just did. I feel better.

I love that I can peer in all of your windows,
invited, even, and see what you’re studying (Greek?
Really? Why?) and eating (toast? Again? But you’re a
stick!) and listening to (Low? Sign me up!) and
reading (The Great Big Book Of Women Who Were
Great--is that a *real* book...?). Checking my
Sini-Digest is so much more rewarding than spending
equal time staring out my rear window hoping to see if
there’s anyone interesting in the opposite flats
(although when I do see someone like that, guess who
wins? Sorry). But the odds are a lot longer out there
than in here, and I value the intimacy that only
personal, so-called ‘boring’ posts can muster IN HERE.
Thanks to everyone who’s ever posted for sharing your
lives, interesting all, with me.

Can we please call this thread dead and get back to
business? I hope we can.

sgazzetti

Conectate a Internet GRATIS con Yahoo! Conexión:
http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar