Sinister: what is the king's favourite cereal?

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Wed Mar 20 18:26:07 GMT 2002

KING VITAMIN!

So, how is everyone today?  That's good.  Or not, depending on how you
answered the question.  Please, tell me about it while I feign interest.

I'm only joking.  You know I love you.

I'm back in Mobile, Alabama now.  Well, I have been for a few days, but
anyway.  I'd like to give thanks to those sinisters that showed me a
smashing time:  sarah, sweetie, the former archbishop of Glasgow (and regent
of scotland for a time), and danny.  Cheers to you all, and thanks for the
drinks.

So I'm supposed to be in my Ethics of Cyberpunk class right now, but I'm not
going.  I was supposed to do a proposal for the big paper, but I realized
last night, whilst trying to find sources, that it's just stupid.  Every
essay we've read is just stating the obvious...in big words.  I just don't
buy that Lawnmower man was meant as a post-modernist parable of any sort.
In fact, I don't see the relevance of postmodernism, posthumanism, and
postfuturism at all.  Who cares?  Why is this important?  There is just no
way to justify a crap movie like Lawnmower Man.  Yes, big corporations rule
the world.  Okay, the net is the avenue of the future.  Soon, we'll have
technological implants.  But all I have to do is read the damn book or watch
the damn movie to understand that.  Why read hundreds of pages of critics
and authors to say this, only in a pretentious manner?  So yes, I might drop
that class.  Maybe I'm just lazy.

Instead, I decided to watch my newly purchased Rings around the World DVD.
Aaah, the joys of life.

Other big Matt news...I have a date!  Yes!  She is quite possibly the only
other person in my area code to own (and wear) a belle and sebastian shirt!
How impressive is that?  But I've never been on a proper date, so I don't
know what to do.  What music should I play when I pick her up?  Should I act
all suave and nonchalant?  Or should I try to be romantic and bring her a
flower or some old cliche from the vaults?  What should I dress like?  oooh,
I wish things were easier.  I wish we all had some sort of birthmarks on us,
and when we found the other person with the same birthmark, we would know
they are our mate for life.  No matter what we do, they'd still love us, and
we wouldn't have to worry about appearances or wonder if they like us and
all that jazz.  Wouldn't it just be easier?

I also have a band.  We're playing our first gig on April 20th!  and we have
an EGGSHAKER!!! it's so exciting.  We were called Elephant's Gerald, but
that's taken, so we went with the name I preferred, Charging Chuck and the
Tanuki Suits.  And we're playing Judy and the Dream of Horses.  That counts
as content.

Well, less than two months away from the US shows.  I'd better get my car
fixed.

And remember, Don't let your chicken fingers be made by the hands of
oppression.

-Matt