Sinister: And all I KEN do is hand it to CHU and his latest trick

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Wed Mar 20 21:37:20 GMT 2002

Please don't get mad at me Ken...

Hello, sinister!

How are you doing?! I'm great, thanks!
I've read about the picnic this Sunday. I wish I was there to meet you
beautiful people! If things go well I'll be meeting you this summer!

Mow asked about B&S setlists. I have read, or heard, or maybe just dreamed,
that they use to play some local songs wherever they go, e.g., here in
Brazil they played two Mutantes songs and when they went to Japan they
played a japanese traditional song. So it's not impossible that they'll
play Strokes in NY and Rush in Canada!
Speaking of Mutantes, for those who never heard about this band that
influenced not only B&S but dozens of others, they're gonna be in a couple
of pages of the next Mojo magazine.

Ken wrote about BS initials. I've never noticed that until he wrote, but
actually my last two initials are BS!
Well, as a matter of fact my full name is Luiz Fernando Brito da Silva, the
"da" means "of", it's like "von", just like Ludwig von Beethoven, so it's
not really part of my name. Anyway, my initials are LFBS!!
And in the next months I'll have to open a firm because my bosses don't
want to pay the extorsive taxes for a well paid employee, so they will hire
my firm as an independent consulting company!
Now, I'm thinking about name this firm "BS", so that if someone says "Oh, I
got it! BS means Belle and Sebastian!", I can say "No! It's my two last
initials!". And if someone says "Does BS mean Brito da Silva?" I can reply:
"Nope. It's Belle and Sebastian! I love them!". And by doing it I can stick
with my disappointing-people-mania (is there a name for this?!)!!!

Speaking of my full name, I bet there's no one else in this list with a
name that is longer than mine!
And now for those who think my name is too complicated, take a look at
this:

 > Pedro de Alcântara Francisco Antônio João Carlos Xavier de Paula Miguel
Rafael Joaquim José Gonzaga Pascoal
 > Cipriano Serafim de Bragança e Bourbon

This is just the full name of Pedro I, the first emperor of Brazil, the guy
who declared our independence. You see, at least my name is not the most
weird!

Having said that, I must ask for all brazilian sinisters to show up. Up to
now I've only talked with two of you, I know we are at least twelve. Where
are you? Don't be afraid if you're shy, if you'll meet me then you'll know
what's REAL shyness!

Kisses and hugs!

Fernando Brito