Sinister: "storytelling" album info ...

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Mar 22 15:38:08 GMT 2002

hey! this is really exciting! isn't it?

everybody: YES! HOORAY!

For those of you reading this on the revolutionary Amstrad email telephone,
here's what's on the website...

Belle & Sebastian's new record "Storytelling" is to be released in the UK
and Europe on June 3rd, and the USA on June 4th. As previously reported, the
record is made up of songs written for the film of the same name.
The track listing goes a little something like this:

Fiction
Freak
Early Letterman
Fuck this Shit
Fiction (Night Walk)
Jersey's Where America's At
Black and White Unite
Consuelo
I Need to See This With an Audience
Storytelling
Jingle/Class Rank
I Don't Want to Play Football
I Don't Want to Play Football (Latin)
Wandering Alone
Mandingo Cliche
Scooby Driver
Fiction (Reprise)
Big John Shaft

I like the sound of a Latin version of I Don't Want to Play Football and
it's good to see that Big John Shaft makes an appearance too. The last time
I saw HIM he was climbing down my drainpipe with feathers in his hair. I
also like the sound of Fuck This Shit, an allusion to Chaucer no doubt.

Thanks to everyone who emailed about that letter. I've taken out the bit
about being hit by a teacher (although it was my favourite bit) because
people seemed to think i might get arrested.

Everyone should have a look at Miss Patrick Doyle's website. It's funny!

Has anyone else noticed how, after our little telling off for sending long
emails about nothing (or short emails about long emails about nothing) those
emails seem to have doubled? Maybe Auntie Linda should use a little reverse
psychology, like my mum does.

Mum: "You can eat as much chocolate as you like!"

Me: "Don't like chocolate anyway! I'm going to tidy my room!"

Aaargh! Fooled again!

R(obin)