Sinister: SCUBA diver (reporting back PLUS pastiche type thing!! cor)

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Mon Mar 25 12:30:33 GMT 2002

Did you know that SCUBA is an acronym?  It means something like "self
contained underwater breathing apparatus" or something, overly long name for
an oxygen tank attached to a little plastic tube?  Yes.

Ian talked about the Evergreen song, of which he didn't like the similie on
the first line which is fair enough (although I secretly quite liked the
said line, only because I'm a sucker for things with random pretty words
chucked into it that makes no sense).  Just thought I'd mention though the
credits for the songwriting goes to Westlife (or whoever writes songs for
Westlife) since the Will Young version is a cover.  Ken the encyclopaedia of
pop.

So we can't really diss him for the bad lyrics.  But we bloody well can diss
him for doing that "clinching fists aginst his chest whilst having an
orgasm" pose 394 times too many in his video.  I mean for God's sake, I
thought the UN have banned concentration camps.

Anyway reporting back....

This weekend was a Tigermilking/london picnic/sinister football challenge
Triple Whammy, and it sure was fun.

After a hectic working week (during which I had actually done a lot of
work!), less thinking and much drinking were seriously in order.

A few of us met up in various parts of London and headed for
pre-tigermilking beverages at a birthday party of one of Apps Ben (Mr B)'s
friends.  We were put to shame by the fact that Mr B's friend had so many
more friends than we do, but then felt better by assuming that the others at
the party were really actually members of the Java Programming Society.

Then we are off to tigermilking, after travelling across the river thames
and ate jacket potatoes we arrived! at tigermilking and received a stamp and
a lolly for £4.  I pulled within 5 minutes of arrival and engaged in some
mouth to mouth action with James T, apparently he liked the size of my
lolly.

We were astonished by the surprising grace and flair with which the PF and
Stevie T danced passionately on the dancefloor, a few beverages later
(involving a brand new cocktail miss SGS invented known as "Yes!", amongst
other drinks) we were all hitting the dancefloor, thankfully not with our
heads.  Even birthday girl miss Dimitra Z and Sunny S began to dance, after
some persuasion.

Tigermilking is fun, everyone.  And you should all come next time, even if
just so that maybe Mark C can afford some half-decent BLU-TACK!  Since
everytime I go to tigermilking I seem to have to spend half the evening
holding up the Tigermilk poster when it was falling off thus looking as if I
was trying to groap the nakkid girl in the picture...

The next morning was spent at the illustrious Bappsy Trotwood, with James DH
and we played with Mr B's enormously wide-bandwidth after sadly departing
with Fruitloop Rachel (miss R).. who was absolutely adorable and hopefully
will return again soon.  James DH had a dictophone which is the most amazing
invention in the world, we enjoyed recording and listening to a recitement
of the nutritional information of Lucozade in an American accent.

We then trekked up the Primrose hill for a spot of picnic fun, during which
we prepared for the all important football match when Sinister FC clashes
with another list called "ILE", which is apparently a list where people
discuss about the length of the queue in the post office for collecting
pension money.. and, without boasting too much...

SINISTER THRASHED ILE BY EIGHT GOALS TO NIL!

.. I believe Sam W got a hat trick and the boy G was nominated the man of
the match by the crowd, after courageously riding double footed tackles (ooh
er) from the opposition, well done also to the rest of the players who were
Mark C, Jim PT, Sean DR (he's back!), Ben A, Pine F, Paul H, Paul F,
Nicholas P, Stevie T, James DH.

During the first half we realised that a football chant was required, so our
very own Sinister football song is born!!

They're losing it
==============
ILE*'s a team who were not amused
they lost in every match since 82
they're always looking for a fight
it's a shame their defence aren't so tight

and at the first moment of kicking off
ILE's losing it
they know they're losing it

and when the sinister's goal tally keeps on going up
ILE's losing it
they know they're losing it
they know they're losing it!

--------
*replace ILE with opposing team of choice

Yup so we won the fooie, then later on after a pleasant and pretty walk we
merrily ended up at the Spread Eagle, and I talked rubbish with lots of
people as usual, recorded a drum and bass version of legal man on James DH's
dictophone and learnt to play this really fun game called Mao.  Before
heading home exhausted after an eventful weekend!

Now I'm so tired I can't be arsed to work and thus this e-mail, thanks
sinister for getting me back into my usual work ethics.

Trophies and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: Thank you Jim PT for delivering me Spunk and a sorebit!