Sinister: A Stroke of G-ness

Greg Pallis arab_strap at xxx.com
Mon Mar 25 16:24:58 GMT 2002

Because Mandee asked, and Ken's idea was too good to leave underdeveloped:

(to the tune of She's Losing It, obviously. And the rhymescheme, too!)

Cabbage met Nick Dastoor and Louis Theroux
They made a board for guys as old as Everett True
They're always looking for a fight.
A pity then... their team is shite...

Cabbage made tackles, from the back
Johnny vowed that he would use me as a punching bag*
None the less, sure was a rout...
Sinister got eight and ILE got nowt.

And in the first moment of waking up
ILE's losing it, oh yeah they're losing it
And when Martin doesn't even bother turning up
You know they're losing it, oh yeah they're losing it.

<dumdedum dedada dadadadaaa, de dada daaaa, etc>

In Bapps' yellow shirts, we were ultra-cool.
Sam's goals made their defence look like a fat old fool
Mark's pair of strikes made the spectators drool
Jim scored one, and even I got two.

And from the first moment of kicking off,
You know they're losing it, oh yeah they're losing it
And when the Sinister goal tally keeps a-mounting up,
You know they're just old gits, you know they're just old gits.

They came to play us football and then they got stuffed,
Oh ILE's losing it, oh ILE's losing it.
When they leave early and go and sulk, down the pub
You know they're just old gits, you know they're just old gits.

-------

*: He did! Mark played Can't Get You Out of My Head at Tigermilking, and I
was doing my Proper Pop dancing, bowling shoes and all, whereupon I was told
that I was "going to get a kicking tomorrow". Of course the next day, he
inexplicably broke his hamstring while warming up for the game, which only
goes to show, um, something.

Anyway, the whole weekend was thoroughly froody. Free lollipops were eaten,
and the only things better than lollipops are free lollipops. Tasty. Mao was
played, and Mao is the Official Sinister Card Game, and fabulous and subtle
and great, and you can't explain the rules, you have to learn them by
playing. Nishe. And a Sinisteress even tried to SEDUCE me, presumably as a
joke. So I ran away. Foxy. Also, I listened to the Gareth Gates single a
lot, which isn't much to do with Sinister but is divine nonetheless. And
yes, Will's Evergreen isn't much to speak of, but the song was written for
Gareth, you can tell. He's the only truly good person in the world, you
know.

Pop Idols and Match of the Match awards (and even a Red Bull, courtesy of
James)
G.