Sinister: Dirty Dream #3

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Wed Mar 27 00:43:34 GMT 2002

(I bet someone else used this subject first!)

Hello, Sinister! Hope everything is alright!

Last Saturday I went to this shopping center in the downtown area, the so
called Rock Gallery. This is a very famous place here, some people say it's
the largest agglomeration of rock'n roll related shops in the planet. There
are lots of CD shops, tattoo studios, etc, etc... whatever you can imagine
as related to rock music, you will find it there! But it's more a place for
heavy metal, hardcore and gothic fans, there's nothing related to indie
music. I went there just to buy a pair of shoes, but what I was really
looking for was a few meters away, in another music mall, and this other
one does have an indie section! And guess what I was looking for? And found
it!

Belle and Sebastian Live at Free Jazz Festival!
The audio record of the happiest day of my life!
And... it sucks!! It was recorded from the audience, the sound quality is
horrible! It only works as a souvenir from that day, along with my SM
autograph.

My SM autograph reminds me the story that Astrid told us about her party
with the band...
GRRR!!!! Isn't anybody else as jealous of her as I am?! All I have to
remember from the day I met Stuart Murdoch was that I was fighting with
other 20 guys trying to get his autograph! And it wasn't necessarily a fair
fight, it was push and pull and punch and bite and kick... more or less
like those cartoon fights! And when I finally reached Stuart I couldn't see
him because of that huge crowd! And I felt that someone was trying to take
my ticket from my hand! I was getting furious, I was thinking that when I
finally got to get near him my only paper to the autograph (the ticket)
would be stolen! Eventually I could see who was trying to steal my
ticket.... it was Stuart himself! He was looking at me with a very angry
aspect like saying "Hey! If you don't give me that bloody paper you'll get
no fucking autograph!!". I felt so embarassed, I just grinned and let him
take it... and I was so ashamed I couldn't even talk to him. So all I said
was "You're great, man, you're great!". He looked at me and grinned back,
and I just turned around and let another guy take my place...
What a shame! What a shame!!

Anyway...

Last night I had the oddest dream of my life! My dreams are always so
boring, nothing really happens, it's just like someone sitting on a chair,
someone saying "Hi"... nothing more complicated or sophisticated. But this
dream...
I woke up in the midle of this street, with lots of people passing by, some
staring at me...
I was dressed with only a t-shirt and my underpants. Then I saw myself
taking breakfast on the hood of a Brasilia (a very old brazilian car) that
was parked at the sidewalk, it was like the car's hood was a table, and I
was there, eating half naked, in the middle of the street!
After my breakfast I walked home, which was right in front of the car. My
house was crowded with college students, and I had to ask them to leave
because I didn't know them at all!
People that I've never met in my whole life were using my house to hang
out, like it was a park or something!
So whilst I was walking in the house I had to keep saying "Could you
please?", "Please?", pointing my house's gate and asking them to leave.
This part is quite interesting, when I think that I would love to (be able
to) make new friends and that I don't have anybody I can really call a
"friend". But instead of calling them to have a beer or a cup of tea (not
really!), I simply expelled them!
Then I walked around my house, maybe I was checking if there was anybody
else there. But all I found was a very old doll without its head, lying on
the grass. And when I found it my dream was over, I woke up, had a laugh
and returned to my sleep.
Everything in my dream was in grey tonalities, my whole dream was in black
and white, but I'm sure the old car was red or orange. But there are no red
Brasilias as far as I can remember...

Now, Mable!
So you were on the tube looking at a B&S CD cover?!
Did you know that this is the magic pose you use whenever you want someone
to fall in love with you?!
I wish I could take my B&S CDs to the clubs & pubs where I hang out, these
places are full of cute girls and I'm sure they'd love to talk, kiss,
whatever, with a B&S fan!! But it would be kinda weird, you know, take my
own CDs to a discotheque!
Now, guys, listen carefully and please do not tell this to anybody else
that's not a Sinister:
A Belle and Sebastian CD is like a puppy, girls love it!!!
But be careful when you make your looking-at-a-B&S-CD-cover-pose when the
CD you're looking at is "I'm Waking Up To Us", this can be really
dangerous! It's is like going out with a basket of puppies or... I don't
know what else can be that seductive!
Be ready to say "no" to priests, nuns, nazis... all these people will fall
in love with you as soon as they see you, in your irresistible pose,
holding the most powerful aphrodisiac ever invented!

OK... I think that's too much BS (aha!) for only one post, I'll save some
for the next one!

Kisses and Hugs!

Fernando Brito