Sinister: The Magic Of A Kind Word

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Thu Mar 28 11:42:59 GMT 2002

Following the example of Daddy Moore, I felt like having a go at
transcribing the lyrics to The Magic Of A Kind Word. I put in my video of
"Later..." to try a little lip-reading, but I couldn't keep up, and I found
myself wondering why Struan had gone for the "short angry italian" look.
Then I realised I'd recorded over it with Raging Bull and Struan was, in
fact, short angry little Joe Pesci. So I gave up and watched Pebble Mill
instead.

Weel, here's my attempt, anyway. It's only based on my fuzzy copy of the
Peel session, so it might not be too accurate, and it's probably a better
reflection of me than whoever sang it. The second verse is mostly made up.
At least the exclamation marks are right...

The Magic Of A Kind Word
========================

When I think of all the sorrow
It is hard to take a breath
People fighting one another
And I feel there’s nothing left
When I feel there’s nothing left...

Hey! Cut me loose, now I’m feeling fine, yeah I’m feeling fine!
Shake worldly blues, now I’m feeling fine, yeah I’m feeling fine!
We’re just like traffic in a big town.
You’d better stop you’d better slow down!

And the man I know is sleeping
(no he’s gone)
Till those northern spirits send
All the magic of a kind word
(of afar (?))
You will always be a friend
We take comfort in them...

Hey! Cut me loose, now I’m feeling fine, yeah I’m feeling fine!
Shake worldly blues, now I’m feeling fine, yeah I’m feeling fine!
And there’s enough to share, to go round
You’d better stop you’d better slow down

instrumental (laa la la la, wooo! Etc..)

And you never see your brother
(he’ll cut work)
You’ll make him smile so see him someday
(walk and wait)
If we’re happier tomorrow
(hope we’ll try)
We’ll be living for today
We’ll be living for today

Hmm, northern spirits? I think I might have been drinking too much of the
old northern spirits when I heard that one.

I had a dream last night I was an animal hypnosist and I put to sleep a
growling schnauzer. Oh if only dreams came true. I wouldn't need a tetanus
jab for a start.

bye!

Robin x

ps: if you have any corrections for the above lyrics, if you have the video
version for instance, just send them to me and i'll change it. ta