Sinister: Time for Worship

Caitlin Pigtails wpsalt at xxx.com
Thu Mar 28 18:16:28 GMT 2002

I think I want to start a new religion.  I think this is because I've
been reading too much Umberto Eco lately.  Have I told you this
before?  I've definitely thought about it before, but the feeling comes
and goes.

The dogmas of my religion, such as they are, will be two simple rules:

1) Nobody is definitely right about any given subject or belief.
Especially belief.

2) And especially you and me.

We can preach to people that nobody has the answer.  If someone says
that they know the secret of eternal life, that killing lots of people
will take you to paradise, or that God needs a lot of money sent to a
certain box number, then they might not be right.  Then again, they
might all be right.  Is it true, or is it false?  We Just Don't Know.

(of course, you have to keep your tongue in your cheek some of the
time.  Or mine, if you like.  Every religion should have a sense of
humour)

I suppose the main point is: don't believe your teachers just because
they're your teachers.  Everyone is wrong, sometimes.  Believe the
people who make sense.

In other news:  hugs to idleberry.  I know what you need to cheer
yourself up - a picnic!  And luckily, there is one.  See all you
scottish people on Monday.

(I know this post is short, but it still took me over fifteen minutes
to write)

love
xx
caitlin