Sinister: Cogito Ergo Sum is rubbish

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Fri Mar 29 22:20:33 GMT 2002

Hello, Sinister! What's up?!
I am OK! I have my mouth filled with so much chocolate... I'm really great!

Yesterday I saw the B&S episode of Gilmore Girls! I missed almost the whole
first part, so the B&S subplot seemed totally out of context, like they had
to fill the remaining minutes with something, so they used that story, but
maybe they wanted to put some happy stuff in that not so happy episode.

Listening to my Bowlie Weekender bootleg I've noticed that in some parts it
seems to have been edited and I actually think it's too short for a
complete gig. So I was thinking if anyone knows what songs did our beloved
band play in that concert? My CD has the following track list:

Slow Graffiti
Seeing Other People
Dog On Wheels
The Wrong Girl
Winter Wooskie
If You're Feeling Sinister
I Don't Love Anyone
Paper Boat
The Boy With The Arab Strap
Photo Jenny
Lazy Line Painter Jane

Is there any other song that is missing (i.e., was left out of my bootleg
copy)?

Ken wrote that it's autumn here in the antipode hemisphere. Right now I'm
looking at the afternoon sky and it has a weird yellow colour that is
typical of this season, because of the dry air. And I know that the
summer's gone now that I can choose what clothes I'll wear, instead of
always putting my white shirts and lightest trousers on or taking three
showers a day! And I can also feel it because that melancholy I've once
told you has already shown its first symptoms.

And Caitlin, your "Time for Worship" post made me think about a lot of
things that have been playing for so long in the trapeze of my head.
First I must say that your new religion already exists, it's called
agnosticism.
I am agnostic in a general manner. My way of thinking is very similar to
yours, in terms of not being sure of anything.
I'm an extremely rational person, things based in faith, like gods or
angels, are meaningless for me. Unfortunately this is making me too
skeptical or even nihilistic, it's taking me to a point where I'm not
totally sure about anything, not even my existence, or worse, wether my
existence is really necessary.
When I started thinking about things that cannot be proved, like gods or
immortality, I got so involved, and I have taken it so far that now I don't
feel secure enough to declare anything as undoubtly true.
About a week ago I've been writing to our sini pal John (SGazzetti) about
faith. When I'm talking with my friends, no matter what's the subject, I
can see how my way of thinking is different from the rest of them, and how
I suffer from the lack of faith in things. And I compared myself to John.
He has a poetry supply service. I wish I had some faith supply. I would be
happier if I only could buy it once in a while, in a supermarket or news
stand, although I know I wouldn't purchase it unless it was imposed to me
in such a way that I wouldn't have any other choice but to accept it.
Faith is a service that I never use, but lately I've been feeling how I
urgently need to broaden my mind beyond this prison called rationalism,
even knowing that this prison is not worse than the other one, the
fanatism.
Anyway, this is a subject I really like to talk about, I have written some
other stuff I'd put right here, but I think a lot of people would be
offended, and it would probably be an unforgivable list abuse! But if
there's anyone interested in knowing what I have to say about religion and
everything else I would be pleased to send you what I've written or maybe
more. It's up to you.

That's all for now.

Kisses and hugs

Fernando Brito