Sinister: How socially unacceptable is a mullet?

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106 at xxx.uk
Sat Mar 30 16:03:44 GMT 2002

MULLET

It's playing on my mind today.
I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and saw a perfectly formed
and carefully pruned mullet. Will I be mobbed by the Brixton hoards?
I don't understand where it's come from, as I had a 'normal' haircut not
too long ago, but for some reason the back seems to be growing twice as
fast as the front.
If I bring some scissors to the picnic, will someone sort it out for me?

HELLO KIDS

It's been a long time. I haven't kept up very well, relying on Messers
Walton and Titchener to keep me up to speed. It's been a busy time, but
you don't really want to know all the stuff I've been up to and I can't
really remember to tell you, so everyone's happy.

ACADEMY

I thought only Australia had academies for things? Don't they send kids
there age 2 when their parents think that the way they threw a Farley's
rusk on the floor means they're going to be good
cricketers/footballers/rugby players/swimmers etc etc etc? Why is there
one of these in Brixton? What am I likely to learn? Who are the So Solid
Crew?
I must say, it's all rather exciting. I will be tottering down on my own
to meet up with the rest of the York Sinister Massive and take part in
some Ribena based antics. I was listening to the Belfast gig last night
to get me in the mood, but i just got a shudder down my spine every time
i heard Lamacq comment on 'how amazing that version of The Model was'.
Does it bother anyone else, or is it just me?

LONELINESS OF A...LONELY STUDENT

I will be spending Easter in my house, on my own, just like I've spent
the last week, and will spend the next three weeks. I haven't spoken to
anyone for three days and I think I'm going insane. If anyone is passing
through York, PLEASE come and see me. I need company. My greatest
pleasure at the moment is wheeling the wheely bin to the end of the
drive and back.

'MODERN' MUSIC

Hannah was talking about some new fangled bands called Alfie and The
Music. I don't understand what it is kids listen to these days. I'm fed
up of being harassed by Alfie hoodie wearing swarms who object to my
corduroy styles and slick mullet while the gentle melodies of the Field
Mice and The Orchids fill my head.
In York, we now have the first Oxfam to be solely dedicated to records
and it's fantastic. Heavily overpriced, as Oxfam usually is, but it's
for charity and there are some real gems. I got two Sarah albums for a
tenner the other day. Whoooo!!
Mr Halifax has a copy of that there Alfie record and it sounded like
badly done hip hop to me...whatever hip hop is.

OOOHHH!!

I'm so excited about my trip to the smoke, I'll finish talking about it.
As far as I'm aware it will be the largest YSM meeting in our nations
capital. I hope they play some other live stuff that they didn't do on
the last tour. They've had a bit of time to practice.
See you on top of a lovely green hill on Wednesday.

love

Chris Jones.