Sinister: Tribute To Laura! (And Boston Tickets!)

TJL511 at xxx.com TJL511 at xxx.com
Wed May 1 04:09:15 BST 2002

So I have already given up on being witty and moved onto stealing something
and claiming it as my own (see Astrid's title on 4/29 or "Cemetry Gates" or
Laura Llew).

Moving on. I was trying to set a record for being the Longest Lurker.
Actually, I think I just wanted to have the same initials as Laura Llew.
Laura Llew. Striking Lo-Lita resemblance for me when it rolls off my tongue
(I'm trying to do a Nabokov thing but it's been way too long). Am I the only
one who gets turned on by her words? I watch the F#@&ing Gilmore Girls now
for crying out loud. If someone could first kidnap and deprogram me from the
Chu-nies cult, I'm sure I would be a LLewd cult member if I don't qualify
already. I've been quiet for about 7 months, but a need to free myself of two
(maybe 3) extra tickets for the May 4th Boston show forced me to write. I
debated whether I should just eat the tickets in order to keep my streak
alive, but I worried that someone out there might actually really want them.

I would like to thank all of you at this time for my daily reading material.
I found you all after I decided not to fly anymore in...what a
shocker/coincidence...September. A big change for me since I used to fly on
average 100,000 miles a year internationally and was on the road for up to 9
months out of the year. The most ironic thing to me is that if I didn't have
such a big problem flying ("big"=6 mg of valium per flight before 9/11), I
would be in Edinburgh this coming weekend instead of seeing B&S in Boston. I
live in Boston and have listened to B&S for some time know. Ken, among your
general genius, your tennis references crack me up as tennis is/was a major
part of my travels. Content requirement: I can tell you that my favorite B&S
moments were/are usually when I'm sprawled out and jet lagged in airports
with "Is it wicked not to care" playing in my headphones (preferably in
Olbia, Italy).

In closing, I know I've probably broken about 10 rules in this email, but if
I've learned anything over the past seven months it's that one is supposed to
break rules, and then apologize for doing so. (Here's where I sneak in that I
like the "Lists" to some extent. Why? 1) Any disc I wasn't familiar with I
put on a list to check out and 2) Lists give Ken the chance to be witty).
Therefore, I am now sorry for breaking any rules.

I'm sorry I was rushed for time with this and have no Sinister name. If
anyone is interested in the Boston tickets please email me at TJL511 at AOL.com.

Thank You(s) and Sorry(s) and of course...StoliRaz

TJL511