Sinister: The Llew Takes Manhattan

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Wed May 1 06:01:39 BST 2002

I love the fact that I'm on a list where "misguided trousers" and "hobnob"
reside. Bring it awn, boys.

Normally, I would take the time to write a post which is clever, vivacious,
intriguing, alluring, and everything else people use to describe themselves
in personal ads. Only once in your life would you have responded to ANYTHING
the way you would have responded to such an e-mail, though you would have
forgotten when it was or even if it was ,in fact, you that responded. Your
life would have been complete with the wind singing my name endlessly,
although it would be with a slight lisp that makes it difficult to
understand if you're standing near an air conditioner. But I'm tired and my
head hurts so fuck that shit*, freakazoid.

I'm in a quandry (give me nine more years and I'll be just like Robert
Benchley. I'm already practicing my, "Why don't you slip out of those wet
clothes and into a dry martini?") and I was wondering if anyone had any
advice for me. My fellow North Carolinian, Damo *The Enforcer* Seils, had an
unused ticket for Sunday's B&S show in NYC so being the generous thoughtful
lass I am I offered to take it off his hands. Being the sucker he is, he
mailed it to me priority mail sometime last week. However, it's still not
here and I leave on my roadtrip tomorrow.

I will be a despondent heartbroken girl I end up not being able to see the
show (after paying $40 for the ticket). Is there anyone who would be
suitably influenced by a pouty rosy cheeked girl who I could sway to have
some pity on me. Any ideas of what I could do here or who I could direct the
full force of my pout at?

The existence of my second problem depends on whether or not I get the first
one figured out. There's a Sinister Picnic on Sunday at noon in Central Park
(which will be announced tonight by Miss Sexpot Julie so don't go asking me
for details - I'll only disappoint) where all of my favorite people will be.
However, I don't handle large groups very well. I remember tale of a NYC
picnic of yesteryear where someone else tried to go but could never make it
for the same reason of shyness. So, I thought if there was anyone else out
there who wanted to be anti-socially social they should just let me know -
especially if it happens to be someone that I've talked to before on here as
I'm not in the mood. I can't say I'll accept any offer because well I *am*
anti-social. Plus, I don't have any desire to be freed of my life anytime
soon by meeting some dubious character. At times I do go to big cities by
myself hoping to be taken advantage of but sadly - not this one. If you
wanna do something just drop me a line at Lleweth at yahoo.com. Otherwise, I
will most likely be doing something horribly geeky like going on a self
prescribed Dorothy Parker tour taken from
http://www.dorothyparkernyc.com/dhaunts.htm though I plan to be distracted
shortly into it as there are simply too many stray pennies and other various
shiny objects around to keep me from my course. (This has absolutely nothing
to do with the fact this site tells you where the nearest best bars are to
each stopping point either).

Forever yours
or until supplies last,
Laura

* I was disappointed to hear this one is going to be an instrumental. I
would have loved to hear lyrics to such a piece.

PS - Pixies News I'm Excited About: The rest of the demo tape that Come On
Pilgrim was a part of is being released this summer. It's mostly songs that
were later rerecorded, but not for awhile after. I'm oh so curious to hear.
PPS - Thanks to Billzebub Harris who is supplying me with my roadtrip mix
for this trip. Woo! I promise I haven't forgotten the transatlantic mix tape
challenge. I've almost got all of the prize together (all of the books
reference in b&s songs) but I'm having trouble finding a copy of Closely
Watched Trains. I even bought one but the evil bookstore never sent me a
copy of it though they took my money. Hoodwinked - in the name of Sinister!
(After my own heart - they are)