Sinister: The Six Guns of Henry the Arse

lazylinedavid at xxx.net lazylinedavid at xxx.net
Wed May 1 20:46:05 BST 2002

Hello

I've loved all the reporting back from Texas - sounds like a magical time was had by everyone. But the venue sounds peculiar: you were underneath the stars? Doesn't it ever rain in Austin? And does anyone know what's the deal with Isobel on this tour? Is she ill? Or does she just choose which shows she wishes to play these days? That seems a bit unfair on the rest of the band, and also on certain, fixated members of the paying crowd. I mean, I'm happy to pay $25 or whatever to see them play, but a good chunk of that is so that I can enjoy the sulky, moody, wonderful performances of young Ms Campbell. It just wouldn't be the same without her. It should be half-price for any show where she doesn't play.

Anyhow, good to read on nme.com that plans for the next album are well underway. They should record it in 2 weeks instead of minging around for months like they did last time. And let Sarah do more stuff, that woman is potentially the greatest pop star of the 21st Century.

Did anyone in New York see Joe Pernice at Brownies the other night? Oh, he was so good! Just Joe and his guitar, basically. Lovely.

Take care,

David