Sinister: Pete is Purdah

lazylinedavid at xxx.net lazylinedavid at xxx.net
Thu May 2 21:04:58 BST 2002

Hello

goodness me, doesn't anyone (I don't) have the technological know-how to set up a site where people can go to exchange, beg, borrow, steal, extort, and moan about tickets for these shows? It would save a lot of bother, wouldn't it?

It all raises some interesting issues, though. I mean, are you a *real* fan if you failed to get a ticket for the concert? Shouldn't you have been hovering over your keyboard/telephone at Noon on that fateful day, cussing like a whore about Ticketmaster's total inability to cope? I consider myself a Huge Fan of TLC, but I tried to get a ticket to Lisa's funeral the other day and the fuckers had all gone already. Bummer.

Anyway, next year Belle and Sebastian will play Madison Square Garden and we can *all* get tickets, and then whinge about how they're so far away, and that they're inaudible past the second row. Again.

You know there was that awful rumpus a few days ago about Top Ten Lists of Favourite Albums? I've been trying to think of any albums that I own which are actually *perfect*. My definition of that being that they start with an absolute drop-dead classic song and then every single track on the album after that maintains the same standard. Not even a miniscule deviation from genius is allowed. So, no B&S albums make it. No Smiths albums make it. And  'Greatest Hits' aren't allowed. Otherwise the imaginary Lighthouse Family CD in my head would definitely qualify. And the weird thing is that the only 2 albums I can think of which are *perfect* are not my favourite albums by any stretch of the imagination. What does this mean? Is perfection indeed boring, as Claudia Schiffer once whispered to me in a moment of self-doubt? Does an album need a couple of rotters to make the stand-out songs, er, stand out? 'Me and the Major' plays that role to perfection, I think. It would be interesti!
ng to know what people think about this. And Please Please Please don't send lists of your 'perfect' albums to Sinister. It's just something to talk about other than tickets, I hope.

Take care,

David