Subject: Sinister: Regarding ticket selling on the list

John T. Cat, Esq. johnw at xxx.com
Thu May 2 22:04:41 BST 2002

It seems to me -

That this is in fact the best place to find tickets. And I think the
nursery is to thank for it.

I would think that your average ticket scalper looking to make a score
would not be able to post. I would think such an opportinistic
personality would not have the patience and the foresight to sit in the
nursery and wait until B&S are touring in order to make a buck.

The people who love the band will want others to see it, and not be
interested in the $10 or so they might make.

Just my $.02, but I think selling tickets, at cost, in sinister is a
very, very good thing. I can't think of any other place besides our
small cosy corner of the internet to make sure that the person selling
the ticket isn't intersted in anything besides helping someone to go to
the show, and the person buying the ticket is someone that is actually
going to use it and not turn around and scalp the ticket themselves.

I bought 8 tickets, but I'm only using 3. The rest are going to a group
of friends from Portland and a couplea people from Jersey. And I'm
selling them for cost, and one beer. And if they don't have the money
for the beer, I'll buy them one.

Word up.

John