Sinister: i wish i could put the music to a song in my subject line

Arik Devens adevens at xxx.edu
Fri May 3 06:47:03 BST 2002

sinister,

back at home again. seattle that is. it's interesting. i don't really
think of it as home anymore. i don't really think of antioch as home
either. i don't think i really have a home right now. it's a strange
thing. my parents may be moving. i've joined the udc with a friend of
mine. unemployed dad crew. his father was kicked out by the black
sheep of their family.

i've not written i so many ages i don't want to figure out how long
its been. the last month or so at least i have an excuse. not a good
one of course but an excuse nonetheless. school's over for a few
weeks. the end of this last term was one of the more stressfull
periods in my life. personal drama is no good.

a friend of mine let me know she has a huge crush on me at the worst
possible time. i suppose i should be flattered, i just don't think of
her like that. i wish you could control who you loved. i was trapped
in a relationship i didn't want to be in but that's over now too. oh
and a close friend of mine had a breakdown and i lost track of him for
awhile. it's interesting loosing track of someone when you know
exactly where they are.

anyway, it's over now, or mostly. the friend with the crush will be
away for the summer, the ex as well. the friend who broke is mostly
fixed now. the cracks are still showing but he should be ok in time.

i've wandered around and somehow ended up a music major. i'm quite
happy about it really. it's the first time i've majored in something
that had actual classes and the like. this summer i'm doing an
independant class. music for an 8bit world. i'm quite excited about
it.

some letters have a clear purpose. some just end.
arik