Sinister: rage; tickets for sale/wanted; b+s in the papers; art;

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sat May 4 13:09:42 BST 2002

I'm chewing my nicotine gum rather furiously right
now. I woke up in a bad mood, a really selfish angry
mood. I've been feeling quite moody for a
week.Initially, it was PMT. I hate PMT. it sort of
creeps up on me. I should expect it, but I don't. its
a relief when I realise what it is, and that I'm not
loosing my mind, I'm just undergoing hormone wars. But
I've been feeling a bit odd for the past few days. I'd
scream, just to ven it, just to feel better again, but
people would ask questions. I need to find a place I
can scream and rage in peace and quiet and not raise
eyebrows. In my first year at university, I used to
lock the door to my bedroom, and trash it. Properly
trash it, throw furniture that waasn't secured around
the room, tip my bed over. It was a very satisfying
method of relieving tension and aggression and just
getting it out of my system. Until one day, my
flatmates went and called the resident tutor and
security, and they opened the door to my room with a
key and saw how trashed my room was. Its better than
bottling it up. Problem with living near other people,
or living in towns and cities is that there are very
few places you can just go and thrash out your
feelings in such a wild way, without worrying people.
I've learnt that long walks tend to pull out my
feelings and release the tension. I've got a driving
lesson later today, so I'll have to calm down for
that.

The ticket posts are boring me to death right now.
List auntie asked you to stop, or post something more
than just a few lines long. You ignored her.
The ticket sellers/ buyers are probably in the
minority, but posting the most. This is my personal
feelings about it. I understand you're probably
anxious to see Belle And Sebastian, or keen to get rid
of spare tickets for whatever reason. But as far as
I'm concerned, this tour has lasted a while now, and
the important bit- when I got to see them- is long
over. The rest doesn't matter to me. I like reading
the gig reviews or picnic reports, its interesting,
and everyone can appreciate it. But the ticket thing
has so very little to do with me, and possibly little
to do with most people. You're clogging up my inbox,
and I reckon that there will be a vast majority of
people on the list who won't be bothering to read
their digests or whatever because they'll be expecting
more of the ticket buying/selling posts that really
don't interest them. It'll probably be at a peak of
ignoring the posts, and people getting bored. So
please stop boring me, I don't give a sh*t about
tickets. The problem is, that Belle And Sebastian are
going to be playing at festivals this summer as well,
so I'm anticipating that peoples anxiety over getting
tickets to see their favourite band will continue
right through until August. Maybe I'm alone on this
one, but I don't want this to continue until belle and
sebastian stop for a bit. I'm glad they're touring.
I'm glad people are getting a chance to see them. This
is the second tour in under a year, and they seem to
be playing at venues and countres they couldn't fit in
previously to their last schedule. Its good, its all
very very good. Its a very positive pro-active step to
keeping the fans interested, and to keeping things
ticking along, and giving something back. But its the
ticket selling/buying posts that are quite frankly,
doing my f*cking head in. Please have a little bit of
consideration to the rest of us. You're distracting
people from reading the interesting posts. I don't
mind if you've got stuff to say- like Amy Longcores
last post. But its the ones with on or two lines that
are a total waste of time.

Other news:
The Guardian got a mention yesterday about having a
stuart Murdoch thing in it. Can I also say, that S2 of
the Scotsman did a review yesterday of Belle And
Sebastian also. you might want to see their website
http://www.scotsman.com
to find it.

I met up with pigtails yesterday after work. We went
to a well known coffee shop on the High Street. And we
sat there, drinking coffee and eating cake. And then
this man was sitting in a corner, this raggedy old
man. And he came over to me, an gave me a pciture e'd
done of me while I'd been sitting there at the table.
It wasn't very good, no where as near as good as my
sillustration. But he asked for some money towards a
coffee in exchange for it. And then he was looking at
the front of a magazine I had- some girlie mag, with a
model on the front of it in a bikini, and asked who
she was. And I said I didn't know. And I said she was
just a model. And he asked if I wanted to be a model.
So I said no. He asked a lot of questions, about where
I lived and if I was a student. I was feeling quite
tired, from a day at work, and my feet ached from my
new shoes rubbing, which have left a blister on each
of my little toes. And I gave him the money and he
left us alone again.

I've just realised that the bottle of coke I bught
from the little international paper shop on the high
street is actually German.

right, I'm going to go and beat up my pillow now.

Idles
xxxxx

=====