Sinister: Boston Report

Marisa Privitera marisa_privitera at xxx.com
Mon May 6 04:54:49 BST 2002

As I am writing this, there are a couple thousand
people in New York who are getting their turn tonight,
 and I am so excited for each and everyone of them.
Last night was amazing.  Apologies to those of you who
are tired of all the gig reports.  You can either just
hit delete, an easy split second of your time, or you
can read anyway and remember how excited you were
after the last time you saw them.
First things first....

THE SET LIST

Fuck This Shit
Le Pastie De La Bourgeoisie
Dirty Dream #2
The Magic of a Kind Word
Waking Up to Us
Seeing Other People
Wandering Along
Don't Leave the Light on Baby
The Loneliness of the Middle Distance Runner
The Model
Simple Things
The Boy with the Arab Strap
We Rule the School
Family Tree
Like Dylan in the Movies
Women's Realm
The Wrong Girl
Lazy Line Painter Jane
Legal Man
and finally, the encore was 'Freak Scene' by Dinosaur
Jr.   One of my favorite songs by them, and b&s rocked
out and pulled it off quite well.

I brought my little mini bar filled with enough gin
and tonics for five people because I was sure no more
than that would show up to the pre show picnic.  I was
pleasantly surprised to find about 3 times that many,
(sorry for the water-downed drinks guys).   It was so
nice to meet some listees and here their stories.   I
was quite nervous and probably giggled more than I
should have because of it.    You all were just
delicious though and I was happy to find other people
behaving a bit like a 14yr old girl going to an N'Sync
show.
On a side (somewhat nostalgic) note, I haven't felt
this way about a show in a long time and was beginning
to wonder if I lost that enthusiasm permanently.
Anyway, it felt good and I hope to  hold on to this
feeling as long as I can.  Okay, end of my sentimental
rantings.  Sorry, I've been out of sorts today.

Before the show,  Stuart and Mick were quite sweet and
stopped to talk to everyone outside.  They listened to
all the nervous quivers of fans and posed for
pictures.  Very gentleman-like I must say.

Then there was the concert.  It was very similar to
the rapport of the past few shows.  Stuart had a great
rapore with the audience and even danced about all
frontman like.  Our venue had assigned seats and most
people were sitting, despite pleas from Stuart for us
to dance.  Of course I made a complete dork of myself
when I could no longer sit and leapt off my chair to
dance.  Kevin, I saw you the whole show and knew I was
in great company.  You're fantastic!  To all you guys
going to more shows, just dance damn it! You'll have
more fun, the band will have more fun.  Its good for
the soul, good for everyone.

Yes, Isobel was there.  I know there have been
complaints about her look of boredom and discontent.
I'm taking a deferent approach though... she just
strikes me as being shy and uncomfortable, and I find
that endearing.  I was just glad to see that she was
there.

Then, there was the after show bit.  We sort of had a
feeling that Chris was going to dj at a local bar.
We did some more drinking at the Irish pub down the
street and ran into Mick again.  He confirmed that
Chris was dj'ing where we thought he would be and so
we piled into our cars and headed over there.  I'll
make it short because this post  is already much
longer than I wanted it to be.  It was a great time.
Stuart danced and danced. We all did.  He was once
again in great spirits and so willing to talk to all
of us that approached him.  I'm still a bit dreamy
about the whole thing.
So that's that.  I want to especially  thank  Stacey
for putting up with all my giddiness!

I wish you all a good night and sweet dreams.
Marisa
p.s. I forget who posted this today about having to
wear Gap clothes to be different but I completely
agree!  It was like having a room full of Romulan
clones.