FW: Sinister: Call it What You want

Oscar Vivanco cinemaone at xxx.net
Mon May 6 09:07:43 BST 2002

this email was sent back to me and not put on the list, because I said the F
u  c -  k word?!

----------
From: <cinemaone at xxx.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 09:40:53 -0700
To: sinister <sinister at missprint.org>
Subject: Sinister: Call it What You want

I can proudly say ONE of the best looking girls in SF is taken.  By Me.
Sorry, Still gloating over that one.

So Coachella and B&S.
So Short of a set.  So Sad.  My third B&S show.
I felt like most of the people there didn't even have a clue.  They were
playing The Wrong Girl when it occurred to me that most of the heads were
barely bopping and I said f it, I didn't drive eight hours and pay 140
dollars to be disappointed.  So I Crammed myself in front of ten people who
were completely pissed that I was pushing them aside.  After a coupla
minutes of bad mojo shot at the back of my head I settled back into the
sounds of my obsession just five people back in dead center.  Ahhh.  I then
got to ask about the whereabouts of Isobel.  And Stuart replied that she
sadly couldn't join them, but would be in Philly.  He likes it when I ask
him questions about the band, we've got this thing, me and him.  Her
replacement cellist was a little sad/sickly/fraily looking.
The concert, I thought wasn't the best.  Stuart's mic was going in and out
and the band felt so incomplete.  It was great to hear him improvise on the
lyrics about the foo fighters and most excellent to hear the
freestylin/beboppin one-minute song they played.
The setting was beautiful and the band is beautiful.

They set off the smoke alarm.  It's funny that after I see them I go back to
all my records and play them one by one over and over while following along
with the lyrics.
Cannot get enough.