Sinister: Get me away

zvoruna zvoruna at xxx.com
Tue May 7 18:46:44 BST 2002

NYC.  Sunday night.

Just a few things:

1. It was probably the only time I will ever get to see the Band. It was my
first time. I'm leaving NYC at the end of the month, going to India, and
then settling in Halifax (Halifax Katrina- I want to be your friend. Please
email me).

2. One song, two songs, three songs, four songs into the show a couple (who
crawled in at about 8:55 pm and sat on the stairs next to me on Mezz. 2 in
the first row up there- where I had been seated since 7 pm) were still
talking. Talking over the music... not listening to anything but the
flutter of one another's eyelashes and their (seemingly) crucial dialogue.

After asking them to please be quiet, they acted like scolded school
children.  "Awwwwww, I didn't know we were ruining your enjoyment of the
show", the black-rimmed school boy sarcastically whined.  There was
tremendous tension between me and the couple from that point on.  They
spent too much time on the matter, loudly responding to Stuart's comment
about the crowd being well-behaved with a not-funny, "Except for a few of
us!"

3. I hated these two people. No one wants to hate when they are at a B & S
show.
However, though they talked through the whole show, the minimized the
volume to a whisper. Greatly appreciated. The tension was still there but
at least they were quieter.

4. Sadly, I let the noisy couple get to me. And therefore, I should have
enjoyed the show more.

5. I know others have commented on their secret requests being fulfilled at
the show. All I wanted to hear was “Get me away from here, I’m dying”. It
could not have been more fitting for that to be the last song.

I hope to see the Band again one day.

Thanks to those who posted the set list.

-zvoruna