Sinister: Don't discourage the boy Marge-weaseling out of things is what seperates us from the animal kingdom , except the weasel of course

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Mon May 6 15:25:37 BST 2002

Dear All
i hope this find you all well. I am fine and dandy on this fine weathered
bank holiday which i should be using to my full advantage and studying but i
think i shall wait until the afternoon until my self inflicted headache
(more on that in a min) has subsidedl.
Last night was the first of many (i hope) beach gatherings. All it took to
organise was a couple of phone calls. Originally it was to be just a car
party with just 5 of us going down but it ended up being about 20 of us sat
on a beach not far from Kinsale on the south coast of Ireland with guitars
and fire and beer and food. It was a great evening and the beach is
incredible. It is a tiny little cove with the nicest sand underfoot. THere
are rocks all over the place and a walk along moorland where you eventully
reach a an old fort which has dungeons etc. Legend has it that there are
tunnels leading down to below the water accross to the fort on the opposite
headland which i think may have had some fact but i think the tunnels are
now blocked over. THe area around the town has some incredible history
seeing as it was the setting for the Battle of Kinsale in 1601 when the evil
brits (no offence i am part one anyway) landed and tried to take control of
the country (which they eventully did)  But it is one of these places where
you get the feeling that you are walking over history and i rarely get that.
But i suppose when you know the history of the place it is different, for
instance i probably wouldn't get the same feeling from concorde or any place
in the states purely because i am pig ignorent when it comes to american
history. THe only reason i got that vibe in Paris was at the Bastille was
cos we were there with all the protesting against Le Pen which was weird for
me anyway but persume the French are used to protesting.
I always feel the same way whenever i get back from a trip-restless and
annoyed at my puny and slightly unfulfilling life back home. But i am
heading away after my exams to Italy for a while. France beckons at some
point in the Summer to stay with my brother and in August a big blow out is
planned for Barcelona with people converging from London and Madrid and Cork
The gig in Austin sounded nice and atmospheric but i can't understand why
people are bitching about the lovely Ms Cambell not being present. She isn't
the band!!!!! Neither is Stuart or Stevie or Bob or Mick or Richard or
Sarah. they all are collectivly ( i could understand if stuart was missing
cos he is the vocalist)
 IF liking the band is based on aesthetics then you might as well
listen to Nsync or backstreet boys or what ever. So what the pouting
mistress wasn't there- was the music any different- i doubt it highly.
Right rant over and my i say i am dead jealous of anyone who did actully get
to see them
Isobeless or not

godspeed

jonathan