Sinister: cat power in the half light

Ruth Allan ruthmaverick at xxx.com
Mon May 6 19:41:23 BST 2002

hello sinister.
only second post. what can you do eh? Just wondering if anyone else saw cat
power in london last night? I only have you, whoever mentioned it only
fleetingly on the list for my attendance and for the line "what do you do
when you true love leaves, the hardest thing in the world is finding someone
who believes in you" or thereabouts.

what a beautiful song, and what a shambolic gig. she was shining and the few
lyrics I heard reminded me of those first few listens to yon belle and
sebastian , who's potential for afterthought is only rivalled by our lady
cat. and loads of other singers I've never heard of and no doubt boy detail
enthustiasts will be clicking their tongues in horror at my ignorance.

just a note. she sang in the most amazing hall called "bush"  whose insides
look like a wedding cake inverted, everything is coated with fantastic
cherbic details and there are not less than 7 chandeliers, or prrahps 5.

thankyou.

rx