Sinister: As I'm swinging down with the misfits though greater glories now

Sunny set sunnie_set at xxx.com
Wed May 8 19:36:36 BST 2002

"I just remember your techer at school, what was her name, umm, pal
something or other..."
"Palgrave"
"Yes, Palgrave. I remember at parent evening her telling me 'I've never
met such a dreamer. I'm not sure what world she lives in but I'm sure
its nicer than ours.'"

I was surprised. My mum had never told me that before. I hadn't really
realised that other people knew I was a dreamer. I hadn't realised that
daydreamed more than any other 6 year old.

I think that my teacher was right though the world I lived in was nicer
than the real world. If I had lived in the real world while I was at
school I might I would have had been the shy girl, with few friends, who
was ever so slightly bullied. But I wasn't that girl at all.

I was the girl who knew that one day she would land up in the middle of
a famous five  type adventure. Or that she really would eventually
understand what animals were saying, or discover a secret door somewhere
in the school that lead directly to a magical land.

I was happy.

Throughout my life I have learnt things, gained experiences, made some
of my dreams into reality and occassionally wandered into the world
where other people live, but I don't think I have ever changed that
much.
What has happened though, is I have met more people. Other dreamers, other
people who would rather imagine a crazy daydream than a mundane
reality.
    "You were and Belle and Sebastian fan before they even existed"
My dad once said.Belle and Sebastian is music written for dreamers perhaps
even by dreamers. I don't need to do anything to become a Belle and
Sebastian fan it just fits with who I am. And if my dad knew other Belle and
Sebastian fans well enough I'm sure he would have said it to them too.

I have met more dreamers within sinister than in any  other place I have
ever encountered.   Its nice I have found that I can share my thoughts with
them, and though we may be living lives which run parrel to other people we
are not living them alone any more.

An outsider looking at my life might see a shy girl who lives alone with few
freinds. But I'm not that girl.
I'm the girl who dreams of being in a band, or writing a book, or winning
the lottery and travelling the world with one of the best friend
she has ever had. And I am happy.

Take Care,
Rachel