Sinister: lonlieness of a sprinting mod

Andy Capps andycapps at xxx.com
Thu May 9 06:47:18 BST 2002

all day my little etta knew something was up. i was dancing around getting
ready and she knew.
"it's belle & sebastian tonight isn't it?"
"yes," i told her.
"may i come?" she asked.
"sorry my lovely, but it's not the place for little cats like you. it's for
those 19 and older and you're merely two," i responded.
she seemed to be content with this and started to lick something.
well i've just got back from the toronto show, and i had a lot of fun.
i won't add setlists as i don't remember all the details. one thing i'll say
about the toronto audience, is they weren't dancing. the aislers set did a
great set, the singer was a little off, but that might be due to this
audience. a few hundred people just standing, staring and chatting during
their entire performance. i was standing off to the side looking for people
i knew. steven kado walked by me three times yawning looking for friends, i
felt welcome. laura, who did the first b&s night i went to in toronto was
there as well.
i met my friend kelly, her boyfriend is in sully that just opened for the
cranes,  and stood away from the evil black light that plagued the whole
venue. khaki flairs look like dirty white pants under those evil things.
after aislers set we found a great place to watch b&s. (note to short
people, don't complain about not being able to see past us tall people when
we leave a lot of space infront of us for you to stand.)
i was very happy seeing b&s, i had a lot of fun. to that person who had that
apparatus that when he spun it around and it spelled out belle & sebastian
in laser lights, you are awesome, and stuart commented on it.
i had loads of fun but as the last song wound down i had to run for the last
train out of toronto. it runs at 12.13am and i ran for it. i made it, and
i'm back here with etta on my lap looking for a concert tshirt to sleep on.
the storytelling shirts are nothing to look at and i already own an
ampersand shirt, so she's sleeping on my jacket instead, looking quite
content.
see you in #sinister land...
the angel blackwell...

the early bird get's the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese...    }:>