Sinister: Re: Philly show

colleen sieber amulet372 at xxx.com
Fri May 10 02:20:35 BST 2002

The Philly show was indeed quite splendid and everyone
was in a great mood.It was well worth the wait.Here's
what I remember of the set list (not in any sort of
order):

Rocky theme
Sleep the Clock Around
Waking up to Us
Seeing Other People
Boy with the Arab Strap
Dirty Dream #2
Seymour Stein
Fox in the Snow
Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
Judy and the Dream of Horses
String Bean Jean
Loneliness of a Middle Distance Lover
Don't Leave the Light on Baby
I Fought in a War
The Model
The Wrong Girl
There's too Much Love
Cover song( it was familiar,the name is on the tip of
my tongue...)
2 new songs, one of them an instrumental

Encore(that's right,we got an encore!)

Me and the Major

--- Jenny Payne <jpayne at mail.wrl.org> wrote:

> I started writing this days ago... but was too
> distracted to send, then
> too down to send... then too busy to send.  But now
> I'm finally going
> to get this sent.  I have the new Elbow CD on... #6,
> "Asleep in the Back"
> is really amazing...
>

> philly show -
>
> I got to the Tower Theatre in time to catch just
> five songs or so... I
> guess that works out to be a song for every hour
> spent getting there!  It
> was worth it.  The venue was perfect aside from
> being in a sketchy
> neighborhood.  I liked the formality of the ushers'
> black and white suits.
> The lights were amazing.  We found seats better than
> my ticketed ones,
> which was nice, but we weren't in them long.  I sat
> for Seymour Stein but
> had to dance for the next one.  And what exactly
> *was* that song?  The one
> with all the clapping... it was fantastic.  So was
> the crowd.  The band
> not only sounded astounding but they looked like
> they were genuinely
> having a good time up there.  Did anyone note a
> setlist for Philly?  I
> didn't see one.  On the way out I bought one of the
> tea-towels... which I
> have deemed "most interesting concert souvenir ever
> bought" (closely
> followed by my Man or Astroman? pennant, Sof' Boy
> comic by Archer Prewitt
> and Madness fleece....).
>
> Who was the fella in the tan corduroys who had
> travelled over from the
> U.K. who was looking for the after-party?  I hope he
> found it ok.
>
> Thanks to two quite friendly and helpful locals (the
> people in Philly are
> great!), we managed to find our way into the
> after-party club after
> someone had apparently just set off a fire
> extinguisher.  A nosebleed and
> several drinks after, we were dancing to a fun mix
> of records.
>
> I learned a few things on my trip, the first one
> being that if you wait
> until 6 a.m. to try and get a hotel room, you can
> essentially get the next
> night free because they list it as Saturday morning.
>  After sleeping a
> couple of hours, we headed out to the zoo, where I
> learned more new stuff
> like the fact that black spider monkeys have no
> thumbs and that zoo hot
> dogs are extremely vile.  Well, I kinda knew that
> last part ahead of time.
> I saw these funky little nekkid animals that are the
> world's only
> hairless mammal. **  Amusingly, they sold little
> stuffed naked mole rats
> in the gift shop, which I have deemed "most
> interesting zoo souvenir ever
> bought."  It's all pink and squishy with funny
> teeth... reminds me of
> someone I used to date!  haha

> [...]

=====
i know it's a warning
but all i can think of is
coffee in the morning,wine in the evening
and everything else is a black and boring bruise...
--lisa germano