Sinister: A Small Matter of Technique

Caitlin Pigtails wpsalt at xxx.com
Sat May 11 16:14:04 BST 2002

When reading all your replys to the Sinister Questionnaire (fill it in
now if you haven't already), I couldn't help noticing that a large
number of you (2) seemed to get a bit confused over the word "snog" and
what it means.  I woke up at about 3am the other day thinking about
this, and decided I'd better write a post to explain.  A snog, you see,
is one of the four basic types of kiss, which are as follows:

1) The Air Kiss
This involves putting your chin vaguely over the other person's right
shoulder, then their left, and saying "Mwah!" as you do.  It tends to
be done by posh people, especially those with more money than style.
If you actually make skin-skin contact during this, it means you are a
lesbian (girls) or a cad and a bounder (boys).  This is the sort of
kiss you give your granny if you are going to inherit a trust fund from
her.

2) The Peck On The Cheek
This involves touching their cheek with your pursed lips, but only
briefly.  Any more is rude.  It's not very romantic, really.  This is
the sort of kiss you give your granny if you are an ordinary person who
lives somewhere ordinary, like Grimsby, Thessalonika, or Newaygo (MI).

3) The Kiss On The Lips
This kiss doesn't really have a name.  It's just an ordinary type of
kiss, where your lips touch together.  If you are in arctic climates,
be careful not to freeze yourselves together.  This is the sort of kiss
you give your granny if she lives somewhere a bit decadent, like San
Francisco, Brighton, or 1890s Paris.

4) The Snog
This involves your tongues, your whole face, and often your whole body
too.  It lasts at least half an hour, and leaves you feeling tingly all
over, and slightly melted.  This is the sort of kiss you give your
granny if your granny is also your cousin.

I hope this is Useful Information for some of you out there

love
xx
caitlin