Sinister: Pondering alone....

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Fri May 17 18:25:20 BST 2002

I've been having a lot of thoughts lately, mostly about things and my life
and how nothing ever seems to work out.  I've come to the conclusion that
the reason why nothing good ever happens to me is that I never believe I'm
the kind of person that good things happen to.

When good things do happen to me, I'd feel that I'm on borrowed time, that
something DRASTICALLY BAD was about to make everything wrong again, and
subsequently I'd be too busy preparing for the bliss to end, practicing ways
to take defeat gracefully that I end up feeling miserable even when things
aren't going right.  Even worse, I'd even throw it all away - thinking I
don't deserve it, that people will frown on me that I'm having something
that I don't deserve, and so I give up.

There is a funny episode in the Sci-fi comedy Red Dwarf, called "Better than
Life" - it's about this new virtual reality game in which anything that
you've always desired will happen - but this guy Rimmer (who's a Smeghead)
ended up having all the bad things happening to him because he can't get his
head to think that anything good can happen to him.  It was funny on TV -
not so funny in real life.

But I think it's time I take off my reality helmet and face the real world -
I'm getting my life sorted, I'm going to stop being in a muddle and start
believing that good things do and will happen to me - I'll have to start
from scratch, since I'm in a bit of a rock bottom at the moment on all
fronts.  But it's looking up already - it's the weekend :)

Cheers and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: One good thing that I'm sure will one day happen to me is that B&S are
going to reveal the answers to the various Treasure Hunt clues - we just
don't know when!!