Sinister: saving the world and other great ideas

unstable mable unstablemable at xxx.com
Sat May 18 14:10:04 BST 2002

Ok, so i'm probably gonna get banned from the list for doing this as no
doubt there is a rule against this, but oh well, got to spread the word, and
i know the sinister lot are an intelligent, caring bunch.....  Today is Stop
Esso day and people are protesting against esso, who doesn't give a damn
about global warming.  Infact, esso still claim that global warming is
scientifically unfounded.  Over the past 10 years or so its been using its
wealth and power to actively undermine international action on global
warming and successfully lobbied Bush to pull out of the kyoto protocol.  So
if you are interested, visit www.stopesso.com and dont buy esso!
In the interests of trying not to get struck of this list as i do quite like
being part of the sinister massif, i shall include a bit of diary type stuff
about my week:
Sunday:had date with a guy who i dont think realised that when i asked him
if he wanted to go for a drink with me i meant it as a date. But all went
well and i think i managed to be witty and interesting for the short while
we were out.  And then we walked back to the train station where i slipped
down a flight of muddy steps, on my bum, and ended up very embarressed and
in a heap on the floor. So now i'm sure the guy things i am an idiot (he is
super cool and would never have done something like that).
Mon/Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri: Played a bit of frisbee in the park, surfed the net
alot (have lots of uni work to do and its an easy distraction).
Sat: Protested!  in the morning anyway (for those of you that have actually
read this far and are wondering how i managed to write a post and be at an
esso garage at the same time...)
See, my life during the week is very dull, no wonder i dont write any posts
very often!!
Mable.