Sinister: God's in his heaven, All's right with the world

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Tue May 21 05:06:36 BST 2002

As my roommates are watching poorly translated Hong Kong bootleg DVD's of
the End of Eva, I sit here wondering what I'm going to do with my summer.

I think it's already peaked with my belle and sebastian trip to detroit,
chicago, and atlanta.  But how can it happen so early?  This is my first
summer in 5 years without a job.  Well, I work about once or twice a week at
a record store, but that leaves a LOT of time open for doing other things.
The record store I work in is also a cafe, and we hold a pop quiz every
thursday.  It's just for fun, and a 20 dollar gift certificate.  But anyway,
I'm writing the one for a week from thursday on punk, but am completely
devoid of what to ask.  I volunteered to do it because we have a round where
we play part of a song backwards, and I thought it would be funny to play
the Clash's "Mensforth Hill" backwards.  I'm really in a pickle.

Speaking of pickles, I had a wonderful time headin' up north to the land of
weird accents and bad sweet tea.  Me and my trusty sidekick justin hung
about in Detroit/Ann Arbor (big props to those wonderful sinisterees who put
up with us there!) and then in Chicago (big props to those wonderful
sinisterees who put up with us there!) and then back south of the
mason/dixon line for atlanta (no props to the sinisterees, since I only met
one!)  I had the honor of singing on Dirty Dream Number 2 and There's Too
Much Love, which was nice. I tried to give props to everyone's favorite
sinister, Ms. Laura Llew, but some bitch grabbed the mic.  All I got out was
"Hey Laur..."  What a bitch.

I also have to mention that we should have a sinister TV channel.  We can
have a little talk show, perhaps caitlin pigtails could do the news, and
Kirsten and Mandee can have a comedy hour!  And don't forget Honey and
Linda's annual State of the List address.

Anyway, highlights of the trip:

All you Can Eat KFC BUFFET (with chicken gizzard!)
Passing the self proclaimed "Most AWESOME FLEA MARKET IN THE WORLD" (this
was painted very largely on the front of the building)
"HUNGRY JACK!"  "OKEY DOKEY BRAND CHEESE POPCORN!" "BABYHAM!"
Ken Chu
Hearing a guy in Atlanta say, "I hear Jar Jar Binks is, like, a senator now.
  I mean, no wonder Corscant fell."
Windy Windy Ann Arbor, and DDR (Christiaan is some sort of god at this)
Amy Longcore's excellent company!
Fishtailing in Chicago
Ken Chu
Hearing about (but being convinced by) the world's RADDEST bar.
Dancing to Beans
Meeting a slew of smashing and sexy sinisters
And, who could forget, Ken Chu

I saw the movie About a Boy the other day.  Me and my visiting sinifriend
Sara decided it made us feel REALLY twee, but I think that was a good thing.
  It was a great day.

A punk guy came into the store and gave us some of his little zine thing to
distribute for a dollar a piece.  The cover has a swastika with fists on
each side.  When asked why he did that, he just shrugged. Shouldn't the
swastika (unless he meant it as 'good luck', which I doubt) be anti-punk,
since it most commonly represents a fascist government?  Why do people do
this?  I guess that's what you get when you listen to bands like the
crucifucks.  No Offense.  You know I love you guys.

I also had a dream about sinisters last night.  Isn't that strange?

"I'll buy you an Egg McMuffin...with ALL the fixins"
-Matt

P.S.  I'm just warning Ms. Llew, that I will appearing outside her home late
one evening, with an acoustic guitar, and I will sing her "Hestitating
Beauty" (with the lyrics oh-so-cleverly changed from Nora Lee to Laura Llew)
until she marries me. Just thought I'd warn you all.
P.P.S.  Isn't Sarah just the CUTEST???