No subject

James Danson-Hatcher birosaregreat at xxx.com
Wed May 22 03:13:08 BST 2002

          Hmmmm, I've been so hard working lately, you'd all be so proud I'm
sure.
        Hmmmm, I'm so excited, I'm moving to London at some point next
month.
      Hmmmmm, it's late and I'm drunk with tiredness.

       This very early part of May the 21st gave rise to the thought "how do
you go supermarket shopping on the internet?". I typed in www.asda.com,
cranked up the music and clicked on the 'login' box, this seemed a good
place to start my trip, but my dreams of trollyskating though the amazingly
quiet 'virtual' aisles with The Relationships in place of the usual
supermarket music have been dashed to a thousand shreds,  they asked me for
my postcode and it was 'outside the delivery area'. For a moment, I imagined
the thousand single mums in their too-tight jeans slap their change-filled
back pockets at me in rather a "na na na nana, we got in to Asda.com and you
have to settle for Sainsburys" kind of way.
     I'm not that worried about it actually, I worked at the Asda
distribution cenre a few weeks ago and I KNOW what happens to that "freshly"
baked stuff before it gets to the shelves, ho ho ho.

     and what with working so much lately (and becoming somthing of a social
outcast in the process) I have been thinking about the kind of loony people
who do jobs like this even when they're not needing money like mad like me
now or something in that sort of direction anyway. Perhaps they're in
permanant meditation?

      Yeah, so, not getting out, maybe it's not so bad?
         if you set your mind to it. Like if your a Monk, high in your
monestery, with nothing but small islands dotting over the hazy warm sea
below and surrounding you. With a daily routine and definate lifeplan cos
the walls and the regular chiming of a bell keep you from dreaming of the
outside world.
             Workplace, maybe tempory is not the way, maybe you have to
learn to love the "day in, day out". Learn to love the simplicity and
noticing and knowing little things others don't ever notice about the place.
             Lifelong love of your special one.
   These old people!, they met as children. They married at ages' 18 and 21
and they're still together at 80 something.  Now, thats just too easy! lucky
them!, or is it that marrage vow thats kept them together? or are they of a
simpler time, that the Monk in his monestery and the man in his 27th year of
the same job also live in, are they the lucky ones or are we?
    I'm not questioning freedom, just where we need it and where our walls
do us good.

          Emptiness is romanticised
          Simplicity is chic.

   Ok time for bed, even the See-hear programs are coming to an end now and
my thoughts about needing glasses to see properly are being magnified by the
inabilty to focus on words propery now, gah! I'm so tired.
                             ........you're a STAR etc...  James.