Sinister: Dictation (write talk)

kchu at xxx.uk kchu at xxx.uk
Wed May 22 16:02:26 BST 2002

Hello,

I was going to warn people about the boringness of ths post, but I'm operating
under a "don't talk about the post, in the post" policy so I won't, oh eck too
late.

James said:
>>I have been thinking about the kind of loony people
who do jobs like this even when they're not needing money like mad like me
now or something in that sort of direction anyway. Perhaps they're in
permanant meditation?<<

Which is funny because I've been pondering about the same thing for a while,
since this afternoon my mum is going on a job interview to work in the place she
used to work in - my mother's supposed to be on holiday!  Is she mad?  Is she on
permanant meditation or should she require medication to stop her going loon?

I asked her why and she said "well I'd be bored and all my friends are working
there."  I was hoping for a less normal answer.

---

James talked about marriage too, and long term relationships(?).
>>These old people!, they met as children. They married at ages' 18 and 21
and they're still together at 80 something.  Now, thats just too easy! lucky
them!, or is it that marrage vow thats kept them together? or are they of a
simpler time, that the Monk in his monestery and the man in his 27th year of
the same job also live in, are they the lucky ones or are we?<<

To me, not being fickle is always a bliss, to not be tempted by every thing that
flies by that isn't yours.  Someone posted a while ago about the "undo" button
on modern computers, the way it's changing everyone's mindset into thinking that
everything in this world is editable, erasable, and it's true for a lot of
things - contracts can be revoked, marriages divorced, pregnancies aborted, bad
shopping refunded.

Everything now appears to be so convenient that some people no longer worry
about consequences anymore, thinking that things can be mended with a mouse
click, things can be made better from "a change", the magic powder of the modern
day that improves things without effort.

Longevity is no longer heralded as a good thing - well it's boring for a start.
Cars are no longer built to last, why repair when it's cheaper to replace, why
keep the old with all the flaws when you can have the new, with a totally new
set of flaws?  Feelings of attachment is nothing but perversion.

Some people were guilty of being afraid of change, can people be guilty for
being fearful of stabilty?

Ken
p.s. I might be moving to London in a couple of months - I need a change.
p.s.2: will B&S change their minds about not giving out the answers to the
treasure hunt clues?

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT

This email, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or
confidential. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the
express written permission of the sender. If you have received this
email in error you may not copy or use the contents, attachments
or information in anyway. Please destroy it and contact the sender
on  0870 840 5000 or via email return. This email has been
prepared using information believed by the author to be reliable
and accurate, but DaimlerChrysler Services UK Ltd. makes no
warranty as to accuracy or completeness. In particular
DaimlerChrysler Services UK Ltd. does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this email after it was sent. Any opinions
expressed in this document are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of DaimlerChrysler Services UK Ltd,
or its affiliates.

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT