Sinister: can't we all just get along? (reponse to proposed discussion,long time ago methi

NotATrendxX at xxx.com NotATrendxX at xxx.com
Thu May 23 07:10:42 BST 2002

first, let us say the definition of "perfection" is "that which is flawless"
as opposed to personal perfections that are perfect because of their
imperfections.

i'm not exactly sure how to say this but i will do my best.

indeed, perfection is the most boring and fantasised about ideal since the
creation of "gods" and the disobedience of pandora and eve. as human beings,
we need schemas to organise information in our minds.  this is manifested in
the external societies and governments we build and dichotomies such as good
and evil, god and satan, norms and deviants, light and dark, male and female,
empowered and powerless, murderer and mother, youth and old-age, war and
peace, black and white, nomad and settler, conqueror and conquered, success
and failure, creator and nurturer (deals with male and female, god as our
"father", "mother" earth), even patriot and traitor, upper vs. middle vs.
lower class.  each is a reference to the other. One is supposed to want or be
one or the other.  this type of discrimination has attempted only weakly and
narrowly to be fought in the different equality movements(civil rights,
women's lib) and in discrimination cases dealing with age, sex, race,
religion, and crime.  newton has already proven scientifically that these
opposites exist in his third law of motion and can be seen in literature from
the bible and beowulf to "the metamorphosis".

it seems we cannot create perfection without destroying these hierarchies
inside every individual's mind. must we show someone what is bad in order for
that person to do good?  must we seek power in order not to be powerless, or
success so we are not failures? until now we have evolved as civilisations
rather than as individuals. how do we teach our progeny to think for
themselves so that they can have happiness without sadness and peace without
war? shall we sterilise those who cannot? or should we "educate" them? what
about a discussion concerning the reality of "education" and whether or not
you can educate or simply indoctrinate?