Sinister: Dictation (droolcup cries foul)

Chris Butler pants at xxx.com
Thu May 23 23:23:56 BST 2002

as loathe as i am to wax heretical at the myth of CHU, i must cry FOUL:

At 5/22/2002 04:02 PM +0100, kchu at daimlerchryslerservices.co.uk wrote:
>I was going to warn people about the boringness of ths post, but I'm
>operating under a "don't talk about the post, in the post" policy so I
>won't, oh eck too late.

ah we live in the world of meta.  the media commenting on itself is a great
start - even better when the media comments on the media commenting on
itself.

and when a legend bemoans the future as an echo of the not-so-distant past,
we find ourselves tail-in-mouth rolling down a hill of nonsequitors.  or
rather, so said the ocelot to the ibex - slyly out of the corner of his
well-fanged mouth.

> >>LORD CHU talked about James talking about marriage and long term
> relationships(?).
> >These old people!, they met as children. [clip]
>
>To me, not being fickle is always a bliss, to not be tempted by every
>thing that flies by that isn't yours.  Someone posted a while ago about
>the "undo" button on modern computers, the way it's changing everyone's
>mindset into thinking that everything in this world is editable, erasable,
>and it's true for a lot of things - contracts can be revoked, marriages
>divorced, pregnancies aborted, bad shopping refunded.

i'm in utter disagreement.  time marches on.  actions are taken whether you
erase them or not.  people will judge accordingly or not judge, depending
on how judgmental they are...

think of a man who whistles a lady walking down the street then calls out,
"I TAKE THAT BACK, I DIDN'T INTEND TO WHISTLE AT YOU."  or the feller who
cries out a racial epithet and then says, "I WAS JUST JOKING!"

as for refunds - damn!  try to get your money back from the government some
day.  in the US they're even starting to stop giving back excess taxes,
those bastards!!!  (see Missouri = MO = modus operandi)

>Everything now appears to be so convenient that some people no longer worry
>about consequences anymore, thinking that things can be mended with a mouse
>click, things can be made better from "a change", the magic powder of the
>modern day that improves things without effort.

that's hooey.  if anything, a "mystical click" can lead to the entire
removal of an important document like a dissertation or a world-changing
theory proven true by unrepeatable brilliant logic.

gone forever.  how many times have we all banged the keyboard and angrily
cursed the trash can icon?

and shoot, powder just gets in your eyes when the wind blows, pally.

>Longevity is no longer heralded as a good thing - well it's boring for a
>start.

joe dimaggio's hitting streak, cal ripken's streak of games played, dan
rather's stint as anchor, the british pound sterling... these are a few of
my favorite things [outside of that guy who ate the world's oldest egg].

c'mon!  who doesn't love tradition?  longevity is still one of those things
everyone loves to treasure...  the world's oldest man?  right ON!  the man
who went the most days without bathing?  YES SIR!

>Cars are no longer built to last, why repair when it's cheaper to replace,
>why keep the old with all the flaws when you can have the new, with a
>totally new set of flaws?

cars actually last significantly longer than 20 years ago.  the steel
barges of 40 yrs ago might pose a mild threat in competition (mainly since
it'd take a LOT of rust to kill them entirely off), but about every vehicle
today bears a 10 year warrantee on most base parts.  10/7/5 - Go Chrysler!

the true scare lies in *leasing* - trading in a perfect car after 3 years
for a new one.  don't get me started on the economics of this one, but
imagine giant lots of millions of cars weeping to find new owners and
you'll summarize the current state of the post-lease auto world.  boo hoo!

>Feelings of attachment is nothing but perversion.

Ah, but are "Feelings of nothing attachment to perversion?"  ???  Anyone?

Rhetorical some might think.  Other might look in a certain Sinisterine's
closet and find "Articles of Indiscrimination".

>Some people were guilty of being afraid of change, can people be guilty for
>being fearful of stabilty?

Yes.  Point made, but then again, in the darts world points aren't
everything unless you finish exactly on score.  So, I'm daring Monsieur Chu
to aim for that triple twenty.  As advocate for the defense, I'd suggest
bringing in an unbiased jury, a few cases of red bull, and a Shetland pony
and we'll all take a sleigh ride down memory's long and winding snow-filled
lane...  if you can skewer Robert Frost before another boy band comes out,
I'll take your word for it.

[truthfully, i think the final point is on the money.  bazzz-zzzuuu to the
previous arguments though.]

Sorbet e Cuillers,
+ Senor Droolcup

>p.s. I might be moving to London in a couple of months - I need a change.

good idea!  London is chock full of change!  fight stability!

>p.s.2: will B&S change their minds about not giving out the answers to the
>treasure hunt clues?

yes!  they're counting references to the treasure hunt in PS messages and
we're almost up to 30 now!  only about 24 more to go!  fight the good fight!