Sinister: The summer is such a pain

Ramesh Srivastava vote4dyer at xxx.com
Mon May 27 18:29:39 BST 2002

Hello.  I am writing now from my parents' home in Austin, TX, which I am
soon to be vacating, I hope.  No ill feelings, though.  My current position
finds me in a state of dyer unemployment, and that's a shame, becuase there
are so many things I really feel as though I should buy.  For example, I had
never heard the famed debut Stone Roses record until about a month ago, and
now the opening track is cemented into my brain.  I went to the record shop
yesterday just to listen to the introduction over and over.  It was great.
Also, it would be cool to have a new pair of trousers.  However, the fact
that I am living quite well without these things only goes to show that I
don't necessarily need them.  I hope to begin recording in July, maybe a
full album, if I can charm Matthew's dad enough.  I always wonder if there
are any other musicians on the list, as no one really talks about it, but I
assume maybe that's to avoid breaking list policy.  As I have been saying to
many ready to move onto Glasgow as soon as possible, as this rather
luxurious limbo makes me nervous.  I really need to find a job and a place
to stay there.  Hmmmm.... rather difficult, I'm afraid.  After all, I think
I'm just going to go buy that Stone Roses record.  It's a classic, isn't it?
  Well, I haven't really heard the whole thing.  Also, I was troubled to
learn that I think I own almost every Smiths song.  Oh well, Morissey solo
albums?

Remy