Sinister: I just cant stay away from you

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Mon May 27 19:51:43 BST 2002

Dahlings!

It’s so good to have a tappity light box at home!  Do you know how long
it’s been since I was able to read Sinister properly, at leisure,
unfurtively (sans furt?) without my thumb and finger constantly resting on
Alt and Tab?  Well, do you?  Nearly SIX MONTHS.  I’ve still read every
single post though.  See, somebody loves you (apart from Mummy Honey, who
loves us *all*, natch).

Anyway, here I sit, with one eye on the kids taking penalties in the
evening sun on the red footie pitch below my window.  And my other eye is
on YOU.  I am glad my two eyes are occupied thus, because were one free,
I’d have to look at the brown mush I have just cooked for myself.  I tried
to stew apples and forgot about them and returned to the kitchen to find a
lot of them stuck to the bottom of the pan, but I decided I ought to eat
them because I can usually eat something I’ve just cooked, regardless of
how foul it looks, but this time I just can’t do it, so they are stuck in
limbo between belly and bin.  I bet Liz Daplyn wouldn’t have burnt them.
Are you organising a picnic this summer?  Take my advice, invite Dappers.
She does baking very well and always brings enough to share!

A slightly belated, but nonetheless heartfelt GREAT BIG THANK YOU to
everyone who reported back on the US gigs.  I am insanely jealous of all
of you who went, especially if you flew out from Britain, you slaaaaags.
Sigh.  Next time, maybe.  By the way, has anyone ever commented on the
size of Struan’s earlobes?  I noticed they are rather long.  Not
tie-them-in-a-knot-tie-them-in-a-bow kind of length, but big enough.  I
know that people’s lobes grow as they get older, so can you imagine what
they’ll be like by the time he turns eighty?  Shudders!  Even arms of sex
can’t make up for lobes of, er, length.

For my last trick, I will transcribe a paragraph from the 1982 Jackie
annual.  Take note, people...

PUBS

Drinking is one thing boys all seem to think is masculine.  Lots of boys
get drunk at parties and go to pubs when they’re underage just to prove
how tough they are.  Unfortunately, there’s nothing that looks worse or
less appealing than a drunk!  If your guy shows signs of thinking that
drinking is something big, tell him in no uncertain terms just how stupid
you think drunks are - boring and unsexy.  Then, maybe he’ll think twice
before trying to prove himself in such a daft way.

I sincerely hope that everyone attending National Pop League on Friday
heeds this advice.

Righto, that’s all from me

Juicy Lucy

PS. JADE MUST GO, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, JADE MUST GO!

=====
The one, the only Glasgow Indie List!