Sinister: tellin' stories

therapy.services at xxx.org therapy.services at xxx.org
Thu May 30 13:03:25 BST 2002

Ha ha! Fooled you. It is I, Miss Marianna masquerading as someone who serves
therapy. Or something.

And so it's been another gloomy day in London, and another gloomy day at
work. I've been unofficially asked if I would maybe, possibly like to make
my temporary job at a shitty hospital a permanent job at a shitty hospital.
As nice as it would be to have guaranteed work, I think the enjoyment of
typing 100 reports a day on the depressing state of other people's lives
shouldn't be a permanent career move. Unless of course I'm working for the
Guardian and get my own by-line. Incidentally, they think I'm interesting.
I'm presuming that in this instance, interesting equals bollocks.
Marvellous. Oh well, at least I have the Múm CD. It's ace. Almost as ace as
your mother. Arf, arf. Slap.

I was walking along Oxford St the other day with my sister doing the
obligatory catch-up-over-lunch thang when I stumbled across a poster for the
new album. I was very excited. It made me smile and jump up and down. My
sister however walked past and headed for H+M whilst insisting on referring
to it as HMV. We don't get on all that well. "You're both too different," my
Mum would say. "You're too annoying," I would say to my sister. "You're ugly
and a weirdo," she would reply. I daren't tell her I've been to a few
gatherings of late with people from a *gasp* internet mailing list. She
might really think I'm a freak. Instead, our conversation was short. She
asked me if I was happy. I avoided the subject by asking if she was happy.
She avoided the subject by asking me when I had to go back to work.

So yes, I'm afraid to say I have been somewhat glum of late. And my frequent
silences and unsociable behaviour have perhaps reflected that. But that's
all over now. And Latvia won. Huzzah! Although I do think they should have
won it in 2000 with Brainstorm. Bless their little flared jeans and Kula
Shaker-like appearance.

Nothing in the world can make me smile as much as listening to Bis or
watching the Powerpuff Girls. For extreme happiness, listen to Bis playing
the theme to the Powerpuff Girls. Aaah. And so I have. And so I ended up
po-going about my room taking pictures with my action sampler for most of
last night.

And now I bid you farewell

xx Miss Marianna Longmire