Sinister: There's a portrait.

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Sun Nov 3 02:43:20 GMT 2002

The album before that is even better. Yesterday was dramatic, today is OK.
Something like that anyway. Fewer vocals, more electronics, but there are
some moments of real beauty on it. One of those rare records where you
listen and just go - wow, how do they do that? In the same vague genre, I
also like FS Bluum (almost certainly the wrong spelling) and Ulrich Snauss
(see before), which to me sounds a bit like the Field Mice. Were they one
German who made instrumental electronica. What else like that should I be
looking out for? I don't quite connect with Boards Of Canada for some odd
reason.

ps - latest Icelandic great thing for me is Kippi Kananus (again, almost
certainly spelt wrong). Not quite as melodic as Mum, but similar spirit.