Sinister: What am I? A garden slug in a janitor's suit?

MyMomSays at xxx.com MyMomSays at xxx.com
Mon Nov 4 16:22:47 GMT 2002

    Does anyone know who sings the tune that includes lyrics about "the
Colorado snow?"  I know I am being vague here, but that's really all I know
about the song, that and maybe it's some sort of Countryish Male & Female
duet (It's NOT "Meet me in Montana" by Dan Seals and Marie Osmond--by far the
BEST country duet).  Anyhow, whoever sings that song, please, alert me--I
must summon them and then bash them repeatedly upon the head.  Because it's
been snowing in fair Colorado Land for a WEEK now!  It feels like the dead of
January.  Some of you people in the UK often lament for snow, but I hate it.
Loathe it.

    I think I must measure an official year by the passing of summer, like
maybe I am still existing in a schoolchild's mind where the year isn't really
over until I have to go back to school again.  I am always crying the blues
because the years seem to go by so fast these days, but when I try to place
myself into November of 2001, it seems like forev ago.  I guess what really
makes the time go by slow is when you're actually *waiting* for something.
Ever since last November I've been waiting for so much; some of the things I
waited on never did happen.  The things I wait on now?  They WILL happen,
whether or not they want to.

    Allow me to pause while I adjust a South London badge affixed to a
light-brown corduroy jacket.

    I am not sure if you all know this, but Mandee May is not my real name.
"Mandee," I confess, is not even my real name.  However, people all over the
world still seem to refer to me as "Mandee May"--in fact, my co-workers have
started to call me as such, without me even mentioning it first.  Is there
something about those two words that just seem right about me?  It doesn't
make sense, because Mandee May is so twee and cutesy, and let's face it, I am
one tough lady. (Haha!)
    I have recently found myself in post-graduate limbo.  Have any of you
experienced this phenomenon before?  I've graduated from college, but I
really haven't moved on yet.  I feel soooo "St. Elmo's Fire."  In fact, now
that I think about it, there are a LOT Of movies that are about Post-Graduate
Limbo; "Kicking & Screaming," umm I guess two movies makes for a LOT these
days.  Anyhow, I feel very much between things; all of my friends are still
in college, I am looking for a proper full-time job (that pays a semi decent
wage).  Here are some things I do to pass the time:

1) Watch "Career Opportunities" over and over again until I could, in theory,
release my own DVD Commentary track about which frames I think should go
where, which lines were the best delivered, etc.

2) Go through the immense collection of juvenile literature stowed away in my
basement, and read every Christopher Pike book I enjoyed when I was 12.

3) Take long, pointless naps late in the afternoon, wake up at 8, watch
"Trading Spaces" for 30 minutes, eat soup, then go back to bed.

4) Cruise the internet for hours at a time looking for my dream job.

Pointlessly yours,
Mandee May
"inconsolably okay"