Sinister: I just do, i just do.....

stuart hallifax stuarthallifax at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 4 20:05:49 GMT 2002

Hello sinister,

i'm afraid i've been neglectingly you recently,
especially since the university term restarted.
reading through some very old messages i realised why
i was so happy to be here in the first place, and
thats because so many people seem to find the same
things interesting (or annoying) as i do.

So sitting here in a university computer room
listening to the Shop Assistants covering 'ace of
spades' by motorhead (at http://www.indiepages.com), i
felt a sudden need to send a message to you. i'm sorry
if it says nothing interesting, but its been so long i
think i'm out of the posting habit.

The main prompt for me was seeing that mr James
Thorniley had posted (and been mentioned by mr asm
walton), so i thought i'd apolise for not speaking to
him at the indie event that we (indie society -aka the
york sinister massive and friends) had on friday - i
knew i recognised that t-shirt from somewhere. the
truth is i wasn't in a meeting-new-people kind of
mood. nice to see york keeping up its ratio of
sinisterines to non-sinisterines ratio, is it
officially the twee-est university in britain. i think
its the ducks and rabbits and squirrels that make it
grate. also it seems we are continuing to try to take
over the place with ms f boa and ms g titchener hoping
to join mr c jones in the indie take-over of our
student union.i have to say i agree that chris 'migmk'
jones is a bit of a madman on the crutches, but then
it was over zealous dancing which put him in that
position in the first place.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but did
anyone else notice that the woman telling us how great
princess di was said:
"what could be more symbolic than buliemia?".
hmm. i think that is up to the standard of one i heard
when our SU president was being accused of stuff last
year:
"we have plenty of circumstantial evidence, and we
think its pretty conclusive" or something along those
lines. duh!

before i go, i thought i should rant about the quality
of 'promenade' by the divine comedy. unfortunately i
can't think of many words except: "wow!" i love that
album. and i love the film amelie, which is also
worthy of a "wow!" i feel.

bye,

stuart h,

http://popkiss.blogspot.com