Sinister: mac and me.

richard john gillanders rjg at xxx.com
Wed Nov 6 16:59:44 GMT 2002

something-----------------------------------------

if I had to choose one person who has influenced my life more than any other at all.  I would choose myself.  if I had to choose another that has changed the course of my life.  I'd have to choose someone else.  if I had to keep choosing more and more people.  I might, eventually, choose macauley culkin.  yes.  it is amazing, yet it is also sort of true: macauley culkin has affected my life to an extraordinary degree.

it all began when I saw the cover of this month's FACE.  or maybe it was earlier.  maybe it was when I saw 'home alone.'  or maybe 'uncle buck.'  or maybe when I heard he'd got married.  or when I saw 'home alone 2: lost in new york.'  or when I saw 'my girl 2' and wondered why he wasn't in it.  or when I thought about it and remembered he'd died at the end of 'my girl' or some shit.  actually.  I haven't seen 'my girl 2.'  have I?  but when ever the fuck it happened...it made an impact.

yes.  a hero of our time.  of our time.  I suppose it's the only something something something.  and for all the masses he something something and what for something he had something of something something.  he is/was/something: a hero of our time.

or a hero of his time?  whatever, something.

but seriously.

M.C. [as I would call him if I were his friend and he let me call him M.C.] has been present or a part of some of the most momentous moments in modern history.  indeed: perhaps not HIStory.  yes, maybe not, but DANGEROUS-for sure.  mac [as I might call him too and yeah]  appeared in michael jackson's 'black or white' video for that song.  he was a kid on some stoop someplace and rapping and wearing a cap and I think michael was smiling at him, maybe.  and I seem to remember his mum and dad were played by, like, some famous people too?  or maybe they weren't.  actually thinking about it I recall that his dad's VOICE may have been provided by dan castelaneta and checking for how I should spell his name I find that it's actually spelled dan castellaneta.  and that I'd almost got it right.  but that I don't know how to spell the other…it is, in fact, macaulAy.  Not macaulEy.  haha.  but: yes.  dan castellaneta didn't provide the voice of culkin's father at all.  he provided home!
r simpson's voice AS ALWAYS.  but why there?  no.  the father was potrayed by george wendt of NORM! cheers fame.  [whatever.].  now, his mother was played by norma jennings from 'twin peaks.'  isn't that interesting?  http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0317313  you'll see that adolf hitler and wesley snipes and magic johnston and iman also appeared.  what a coup!  I've pronounced that differently there so that is sounds like a sort of an insult or something.

yes, at the age of seventeen [maybe] macaulay married rachel miner [I think] and then they split up a couple of years ago.

a couple of years ago too, but unconnected, perhaps, , macaulay played a guy called michael alig in a film called 'party monster.'  I saw a documentary about the stuff that michael alig did.  I saw it about five times, I think.  he died and something else.  like, he killed a guy.  and had some drugs.  I haven't seen that film, though.  haha, checking my facts on this one too; I find that that wasn't a couple of years ago but, actually, next year.  oh well.

believe it or not: macaulay culkin is only seven months older than I am.  it is up to you.

I do know that macaulay likes sonic youth or pretends to.  I do too.  maybe macaulay is a fan of belle & sebastian and their music.  maybe he's lurking here right now.  reading this.  etc.  maybe not.  but if he is…if you are, macaulay: thank you.

love,
richard.

[this post was not about that funny film with a funny alien in it called 'mac and me' but, rather, about the movie star and actor MACaulay culkin and about me too.  read it again, please.].

if you'd like to write to macaulay, you can reach him here:
mister macaulay culkin
124 west sixtieth street
new york city
new york state