Sinister: saturday night's alright for television

s. lord rabidpenguin at xxx.com
Wed Nov 6 19:51:38 GMT 2002

it was a long weekend - long enough to take till tuesday to feel fully
recovered - even though there are still shockwaves of discontent flying
around - i feel genuinly good about myself and how things went - i had a
friend come down to visit me - and that in itself is usually a chore - it is
not that she is a bad person or anything - it is just that she makes bad
choices - and she has gotten into a way of asking people what to do before
she does anything - i lived with this girl for a year of her life - i left
the situation feeling about 45 - and that i had just reared a 6 year old
child for a year - it was time consuming and when you didn't have time it
was a problem - she would kick and scream and throw tantrums often - if
things didn't go her way she would break down completely and cry for hours -
so when i left that situation i rediscovered my life - that was a fantastic
time - so it must be known that she is also a lovely girl - just a bit
messed in the head - so she was coming down from minneapolis with a friend
to go to a party with me on saturday - everything was good for the most part
- on friday we got drunk on my porch listening to 'boy with the arab strap'
- lovely album - but it is not quite fall music - so we mixed it up with the
white stripes and everything was fine - on saturday we spent all day nursing
hangovers and getting ready for the party that night - the party was sort of
a belated halloween costume party - we couldn't go out on halloween because
most people had work in the morning - but the weekend we decided was good
enough - so we got dressed for the party - the party was dubbed white trash
and one had to wear something white trash like to gain admittance - funny
mostly everyone wore something from the 80's - a black sequin and pink
taffeta bridesmaids dress - a lemon yellow wedding dress that looked early
80's with a huge bow right on the ass - and i myself had a lovely peach and
baby blue plaid suit - once at the party we danced to really bad 80's music
and disco - everything was going well - people were happy and there was much
merriment - but sometime during the night everything started to unravel - it
came to my knowledge that the girl i came with was missing - after sevral
failed attempts to get me to dance she suddenly disappeared - so i stared to
look for her around the house - she was eventually found crying under the
deck outside - and it was not my fault either - she said everyone was
ignoring her - and she was pretty drunk - shortly after that incident my
friends boyfriend was then found in the laundry room with another boy - oh
dear things are getting exciting - aparently he was keeping that boy away
from another boy who aparently wanted him - ? - and to top off the evening -
someone stole all the hosts perfume out of her bathroom cupboard - that was
very low of the person who did that  - we were all pretty shocked about that
- i still do not know who nor have a clue what type of person goes to
parties looking to pick up a few new fragrences - oh well i believe it shall
remain a mystery - - the rest of the night was spent tending to the boy
crying in the bedroom - the girl crying about perfume - the girl angry she
was being ignored - and the boy angry cause he was caught - thank god
someone showed up late and drove us all home -
- interesting i was speaking with a friend of mine last night and she
commented on how the evening seemed to fly by - the first three hours went
very quickly - but once everything fell apart time just stopped - it was
quite true the more i thought about it - everything did get much slower
after te first problem arose - i can still remember the girl running up the
stairs in slow motion - eyeliner coursing down her cheeks murmuring - 'ralph
lauren, where did you go' - although most of that would be the  liquor
talking i am sure - but oh well - so it goes - i think that will be the last
party that i will be going to in a long while - suddenly sitting at home and
watching television on a saturday night does not seem so bad -