Sinister: name me one thing you can't improve by covering it in melted cheese

David Hewitt bulkdavid at xxx.com
Thu Nov 7 00:09:35 GMT 2002

G’day Sinister.

Sometimes I worry about you lot. Rachel Sunnyset is trying to clean fish
while they’re still alive and flopping about the kitchen, and Miss Marianna
is leaning her head back and drinking the rain... in London?! I’ve seen that
rain, and I wouldn’t go out in it without a radiation suit.

While you lot are all enjoying the autumnal delights that the Northern
hemisphere has to offer at this time of year, down here at the antipodes,
we’re still wading through spring.  And really, it’s not that bad. There’s a
bit more sneezing, and the leaves aren’t as pretty, but at the moment it’s
rather pleasant.

Actually, come to think of it, there seem to be a few more Australians
kicking about the list than there used to be – maybe we should resurrect the
idea of a picnic or get-together of some sort. Meet you at Ayer’s Rock at
lunchtime, then? Grand. Oh, sorry, that should be ‘Uluru’. My bad.

Seriously, though, I’ve met a fair few of you now, but never on home soil.
I’ve moved to Melbourne (from Adelaide, but the long way around, via New
York), and I’ve even managed to drag an unsuspecting Sinistar back with me.

Back when this was discussed some time ago, we were all too spread out for
it to be feasible. And then everyone (myself included) buggered off
somewhere else for a while. But if anyone fancies a picnic and/or a hearty
display of pintsmanship at some indeterminate place and time, please drop me
a line.

Plus, if any of you lot from overseas (particularly the ones who’ve been so
welcoming to me when I’ve darkened your respective doorsteps) happen to be
heading down under, you know who you’re coming to see. Oh, and after you’ve
seen them, you really should pay me a visit too.

That’s it, actually. Oh, and don’t bother with the new Apples in Stereo
record. It’s bloody awful.

Bulk love,
-Vanilla Flavoured David.

PS: This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but I’ve tried to read
things that aren’t in paragraphs, and it hurts my brain. So, from now on, I
can’t be fucked trying. Sorry.