Sinister: ~is a very puzzling word

Sunny set sunnie_set at xxx.com
Fri Nov 8 13:06:12 GMT 2002

When I got up this morning my mind was still reeling What exactly was the
~foundation? What would ~ mean to me?  What exactly were the profound
experience it promised?

Any cult you had to send money to and had bribed a postman was surely
genuine and I was just about to send my life savings  (£2.76) to the ~
foundation, when I stopped dead in my tracks.

That  Ian bloke was involved. From painful past experience I have learnt he
is a shady character. Just look at the time he persuaded two innocent
victims that Jacobs Ladder was an illegal substance which should picked at
night and then smoked. Look what happened to those two poor souls…both ended
up fleeing the country...rumour has it one spends his days walking around a
bit lost mumbling to himself whilst the other… well I don’t think you really
want to know what happened to her…

No some caution was needed here. I needed to find out more. Trouble was how?

Carsmile Steve had already thrown some light onto the mystery…the ~
symbolised the ancient myth of the Northy Snake. But how had Ian suddenly
learnt the powers of this mysterious creature? Society had changed. People
were no longer:
“happy bunnies humming happy bunny tunes.”
What could the Northy Snake possible  mean to a  “legion of bedroom saddo
devotees”.

In my experience, the answer to a puzzle always arrives when you are least
expecting it and whilst  in the shower pondering the mystery of the ~ I
looked up. There written on the handle of the shower was something which I
must have seen every morning since I had lived in this house:

MIRA
~~
shower

I fell back in shock.

It had to be a clue, 2 whole ~’s right there in my very own bathroom.  I
still couldn’t quite fathom what it could mean. Frantically I  searched the
bathroom, but could extract no further clues from the toothpaste, shampoo,
water heater or bottle of bleach.

I slumped down at my desk. I really thought I had been onto something then.
Instead, being the good geneticist that I am,  I got on with an honest  days
work plotting  to mutate and clone the human race.

I was staring at the keyboard  slowly and clumsily typing my plans. That ~
just kept staring me in the face. Taunting me by its very presence. What had
the letter to Ian said?

“p.s. you're nearly 30 now, its time you learnt to use capital letters”

I looked at the ~ and there is was… the capital letter of #…(at least it is
on my keyboard)

I decided it was time to look at all of the clues:

1)	I had suddenly looked up to “see” the brand of the shower had been mira-
so if I substituted the “a” for “see” or rather the letter C I get… MIRC…
2)	Ian was wanting us to JOIN the cult
3)	 and # was the alternative name for the cult
4)	and finally the headquarters were in Birmingham… very SINISTER.

I stared at the clues long and hard. There just didn’t seem to be a pattern…
Ahh well not every mystery can be solved. Time for a cup of tea I think.

Take Care,
Rachel

With the current crop of disposable jaw lines and manufactured inanity, it
seems that we need our heroes now more than ever before.
http://www.friendsoftheheroes.co.uk