Sinister: S!M!U!T!

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Nov 8 17:44:46 GMT 2002

why, hello!

RACHEL PLAYFORTH (MISS) SAID:

<<It was infuriatingly precious when they wouldn't do press or appear on
sleeve photos etc, I know it was.  But it did give us something to
*wonder* about, and if you can't have wonder then what have you really got?
A fey Scottish band made up of scruffy, skinny lads and winsome lasses, who
you might have forgotten about already if the NME didn't occasionally remind
you.  Oh I don't really believe that, of course. But suffice to say, I have
not been reading the Q&A page on the website.>>

But have you been reading Stuart’s Diary, Rachel? It seems he just can’t
help being smutty. Have you seen his latest entry? It’s full of porn and
Dentist Sex, and is like a big mountain of spunk! Look!

<<Well I was lying back, and the dentist was jabbing away, and the assistant
had her whole hand in there as well, and my saliva glands were really
working overtime! I mean the girl was meant to be sucking that stuff up, but
it was too much. And it overflowed and started running down my neck into my
hair! Really, it felt like a complete flood, like a tributary of the Nile or
something. And I was trying to attract the girl to what was happening, but
of course it's hard when you've got two people pinning you down like that.>>

Crikey! I hope he remembered his cap!

And then he says he’s bored of sex. Too much of it, I think!

Archel also said:

<<Personally I hate bras, but you've
got to have them sometimes.  It's like nits.>>

And I thought she said “tits.” But she didn't. She did say “bras”, though.
He he! Bras!!

On a less smutty note, I quite like reading the diary and stuff. I don’t
think it reveals anything too sensational and really quite like the way
Stuart spends most of his time being lazy, and isn’t like a proper rock star
at all. I can’t think of many other artists who would set homework like
this, either:

<< But here's a little assignment for you. In the spirit of what I was
talking about earlier I want you to write in and tell me something you found
sexy. But the thing is, it's not to include any sex. Because sometimes
someone can do something so attractive. but it's nothing to do with that
media fed notion of sex I'm so bored with. It's something different. I was
going to give you an example, but I'm so jaded.. you're just going to have
to use your imagination.>>

This is like the opposite of Archel’s underwear competition I think.
Archel’s is easier, because I think about bras A LOT, but I think I might
enter Stuart’s too. Everyone else has (he he! snigger!)

I’m off to the dentist then.

bye x x robin