Sinister: the important first step

Mr Nicholas Litzow s4011110 at xxx.au
Sun Nov 10 06:45:06 GMT 2002

Hi sinister people,

I've been coaxed into making a first post, quite possibly inspired by
new newfound knowledge that i'm not the only brisbane person on the
list (hey steven). Its all a bit scary - all these established fans
with their bittersweet stories, their in-jokes and their seemless
integration of belle and sebastian quotes into everyday language.
(Who'd ever have thought belle and sebastian fans could be
intimidating?)

Well my name's nick, i'm 19 and i'm from brisbane australia. Its
exciting that there are more brisbane people out there, feel free to
send me messages if you like. My musical life changed forever a few
months ago when someone from uni unwittingly gave me The Boy With The
Arab Strap and Belle and Sebastian turned from being one of those bands
that "i've always been meaning to get into" to one which i most
certainly was. A number of albumns later and i'm attempting to convert
everyone.. the Boy remains my number one, though.

On another bris-related note, is anyone out there going to see the
gorgeous augie march next thursday? Strange bird soothes (addle
brains), excites (train) and amazes (drowning dream) me and i'm looking
forward to it intensely. Any other augie fans?

Finally, I'm going to be going to San Fransisco in December and I was
wondering if there was anyone from there (with similar music tastes)
who could maybe fill me in on some of the venues or give me any helpful
internet sites..

Thanks beautiful people!
(that wasn't so hard)