Sinister: running miles in Some Boys Jumpers

Ben Apps benapps at xxx.com
Tue Nov 12 22:10:49 GMT 2002

Hello,

The other day I was walking down the street, past the Los Angeles Village
Hall, when I noticed they had a big banner outside that said "Jumble Sale".
Woo, I thought, I didn't know they had jumble sales in the states. How
exciting. So I went in, and was greeted by none other than the shopkeeper
from Festive Road, who had sent Mr Benn on many an adventure during my
childhood.

I asked him, "what's this all about then?", and to my astonishment he told
me that it was a jumble sale just for 'sinister listees', but that I
probably wouldn't know what that meant. My excitement had reached fever
pitch. "But I do, I do!" I exclaimed. "I'm on the list!"

"Oh", he said sounding rather suprised. "I suppose I'd better tell you all
about it then".

he went on to tell me that it was a very special kind of jumble sale where
lots of items - clothes, books, records, toys, sweets - weren't sold, but
exchanged or donated. "so it's a bit like the Christmas Present Exchange
that Laura Llew organises?", I asked.

"Not really", he replied. "That's a special thing. Once a year, where you
get a nice suprise. With the jumble sale you get to see all the stuff and
pick the things that you think you would like. So it's quite different
really", he added.

He let me into the village hall to take a look around, and I picked out some
boy's jumper that was bright red and had a a pretty pattern on the chest.
"What does he want in return for this?" I asked the shopkeeper.

"Oh, nothing. That was Mr Benn's, he grew out of it. It's yours!" he
replied, but as he did a troubled look spread across his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing really. Just that I wish I had a name for this sale, other than
just 'Jumble Sale' ".

"Hmmm", I pondered for a moment with my jumper in my hand. "That's it! 'Some
Boys Jumpers' call it 'Some Boys Jumpers' "

"I like it!" said the shopkeeper, "I think I will!"

"I have to tell all my friends on the list about this. What should I say?",
I asked him.

"just tell them to pop in", he said. Tell them to go here:

http://www.members.aol.com/someboysjumpers

and tell them to donate lots of jumble!!! They can ask me any questions
about it too, by emailing someboysjumpers at hotmail.com"

"Excellent!", I said. "Oh just one more thing, does Honey know about this?",
I asked.

"Yes, he does, and Linda too", he replied. "I'm hoping they might contribute
some jumble!" And with that he winked at me, and as if by magic,
disappeared.

Ben
xXx